• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

CGS cat back exhaust

Mustang392

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just installed a CGS cat back system on my 06 Ranger 3.slow. I researched the various offerings, but all seemed to make more noise than I wanted. Just looking for a little boost in power. The CGI system ads said the sound was stock or mild. The ads are right. It has an acceptable noise level. So far, no objectionable drone in cab.

Did not use the regular U-bolt clamps. I used SS lap band clamps, and the 3" tip was just to silly looking for me so I just put a chrome slash tip on.

I recommend this system for anyone looking to upgrade their system.

Mustang392

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Update on CGS exhaust. I'm liking this exhaust more and more. Of all the mods done to my 3.slow, this seems to help the most, even more than the tuner. On a recent road trip, I got 22 mpg running 70-80 most of the way. Power was up noticeably, and with windows up, it sounded stock. Next trip, I'll put in the heavy tow tune and see how that is.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals