• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heater Issue

98Longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The heater in my 98 Ranger takes different times to start blowing hot air, blows cold air just fine!
Sometimes it starts blowing hot air within a few minutes and sometimes it takes longer.
My commute to work is about 20 mins and when I’m driving to work around 4AM most of the time it never blows warm air during those 20 mins.
Seems like its related to the outside temp because on my way home the heater starts blowing hot air before I get home.
Any ideas?

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Its working fine it sounds like to me... Depending on how cold it is outside and how how cold it was over night and how longs since its last been run has a great affect on how fast it warms up.

I live in AK and its usually around -10 at night or so and take about 5 - 10 minutes to start warming up. But on nights its only 10 it may only take 3 - 7 minutes. Also once its warmed up to operating temp and sits even for 4 -5 hours it will warm up quicker because it takes time to cool the core of the engine.

How bad are you heating time fluxuations?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals