• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help me get b2 running and need help identifying wiring

pontiacfieroguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, rip1988
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl, rip 2.9v6
Transmission
Manual
I just picked up an 86 b2 4wd with a newer 5spd trans, 89 2.9v6 manual hubs and tcase. The idiot that installed the new engine had some "interesting" ideas for wiring and eliminated the underhood fuse box and wrapped the wiring harness around the front output of the tcase, i found out about that one going down the interstate a few days ago when i heard a loud pop and died. i have since repaired the mess of wire that got ripped out by the front driveshaft except for two wires one of wich is light blue and the other is light blue with a stripe, problem is that i can't seem to find out what the wire is for in either my haynes or chilton manual and even after hooking up all the other damaged wires I'm still not getting fuel to the engine and there is also a plastic tube that runs right above the fuel lines on the driverside framerail that was damaged and i traced it back to the top of the gas tank but i can't seem to find the rest of it forward of where the high pressure pump is.

my question is what are these wires and tube and are they the reason my fuel pump won't turn on?

pontiacfieroguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, rip1988
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl, rip 2.9v6
Transmission
Manual
Does anybody know what those two light blue wires in the harness going to the back off the truck are for?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals