• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What have you done to your Ranger today?

huh?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
guided her/was transported by her in such a fashion as to have no contact with any other thing except for the road, the atmosphere, and the rain.

Ruffinit

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual
Put a new clutch kit in the '03, ran it up and got new tires put on it. Picked up and hauled a bunch of brush with the '96.

Tomorrow picking up new rotors for the '03, bought the new pads for it today. IF you guys haven't tried them; NAPA has some nice ceramic pads for under $30. I had the rotors checked today and they're finally under specs for resurfacing. 160K miles on the ORIGINAL rotors. I give credit to the ceramic pads mostly, but the braking is excellent without breaking the bank. They make the rotors last longer, no brake dust and they don't cause them to warp either..

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Put a new clutch kit in the '03, ran it up and got new tires put on it. Picked up and hauled a bunch of brush with the '96.

Tomorrow picking up new rotors for the '03, bought the new pads for it today. IF you guys haven't tried them; NAPA has some nice ceramic pads for under $30. I had the rotors checked today and they're finally under specs for resurfacing. 160K miles on the ORIGINAL rotors. I give credit to the ceramic pads mostly, but the braking is excellent without breaking the bank. They make the rotors last longer, no brake dust and they don't cause them to warp either..
Do you remember the part number? I'd like to see if they will fit my 99.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I filled up the gas tank. $3.70 for 87 octane. Last week I paid $3.45 for 87 octane when I gassed up the Wrangler and my wife's Tacoma!!!! Gees, golly and crude!!!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I vacuumed out the bed and cab...while cleaning out the bed I realized I'm carrying concealed without a permit...garbage, tools, and odds and ends that I should have tossed long ago.

Truck makes less noise and weighs about 50 lbs than it did this morning...the countdown to the rebuild is about to begin...cross your eyes and close your fingers...

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Seafoam, oil change, adjusted parking brake, receiver hitch.

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
nothing mine is no longer a Fix Or Repair Daily :D:icon_rofl::headbang:

ab_slack

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Adjusted the timing in my BII back to 10-11 deg initial setting instead of 7-8 degrees.

Ordered some parking brake cables, identified the rear left as sticking. Rear drum brakes/rebuild bumped on priority list. Heard break squealing, almost certainly must be rear which I haven't looked at yet.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Drove it for the first time in a month and put $20 in the tank at $3.69 for 87 octane.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Installed new battery terminals, installed the hood, and reinstalled one of the torsion bar covers I removed for easier access while on the creeper. More importantly I drove it for the first time since the engine rebuild, really the first time I've driven it since January except for limping it to my dad's house (barely made it) a few weeks ago to do the work.

Running good except for a few small items to finish up. Have a small exhaust leak. Dad installed the headers during the week while I was at work. The only thing he could get on some of the bolts with was a 12 point wrench that didn't fit real good, and he didn't want to risk rounding off the bolt heads. I'll be picking up a crows foot to torque them down the rest of the way. Also need slightly longer bolts for the Y-pipe to header bolts. They are installed and self locking nuts, but I'd feel better with a lock washer a little more thread showing through the nut.

FritzTKatt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's not that we need to fix or repair them daily, it's that we do so they don't end up like GM products.

Let the old girl sit, for the past year... I'm bringing her out to Cali in June.

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It's not that we need to fix or repair them daily, it's that we do so they don't end up like GM products.

Let the old girl sit, for the past year... I'm bringing her out to Cali in June.

i know its all preventative maintenance :icon_thumby:. im just to a point where there is not much left to fix....

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I kicked the tires and thought about doing a tune up. Maybe next week?

johnday

Reaction score
Barton City Michigan, under a rock or log. Where
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
When I die, I want to go where the dogs are.
Took my best buddy to the little store to pick up a few things, then we went for a short ride. Also screwed around with the throttle cable trying to take up some slack. Ya, I know about the celebrated TyRap, ziptie thing, but I'm not a skinny little kid. Anyone know one around here?:beer:

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
I have just used it for getting the rubbish barrels to the road. It will always have stuff to fix or repair ,but stuff only gets fixed if failure is immanent, or has already occurred. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals