• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone seen the story of the Nevada Rancher Cliven Bundy vs the Fed Govt?

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I guess the question is, what happens next? I can't imagine the feds are going to just forget about it.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
You know Reid and his cronies will have their way eventually the turtles will migrate elsewhere and the government will subsidise some wind and solar farms that will pay for their self sometime the turn of the next century. That land is earmarked for something time will tell unless it just gets swept under the rug?

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
What bothers me now in this whole deal is this:

( militia and oathkeepers)

Now the next thing will be is for the MSN to start calling the supporters the same.
The same as Hitler's brown shirts.

ridgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Terrorist is the governments favorite word. If they can make people believe you're a terrorist, they could lock you up in the interest of national security.

Homeland Security, and the use of the term 'Domestic Terrorist' are two very scary things when used together. Will it get to a point that you're a domestic terrorist if you don't side with government?

Harry Reid is trying to cause trouble. He's definitely not looking out for the good of the people.

I believe Cliven Bundy should have to pay the same fees anyone else does. If you're not going to make him pay, how can you expect others to? The federal government worries about their foreign diplomatic policies. Maybe they better find a diplomatic way to work this out.

I just looked up the definition of terrorist (yes, I knew what it was..) and it says:

Maybe Harry Reid is the terrorist.
Harry is not a terrorist...he is a traitor. I agree that the word terrorist is the progressive's favorite word along with "racist". They use both to smear real patriots of this once former great Republic. nuff said.:icon_thumby:

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
The same as Hitler's brown shirts.
Just curious... the way you deleted half the words in my post.. are you comparing the oathkeepers and the militia's to Hitler's brownshirts?

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
http://www.westernjournalism.com/congressman-pens-letter-obama-blasting-lawless-blm/

Congressman cites a severe violation of U.S. Code -- 43 U.S.C. Section 1733, Subsection C

After the federal Bureau of Land Management agents backed down from their intimidating stance at the Bundy Ranch last weekend, ample evidence has surfaced indicating the standoff between the government and the Nevada ranching family is far from over. Throughout the weeklong stalemate, members of the Bundy family were physically assaulted by armed officers, numerous cows were shot dead, and protesters faced threats of gunfire for merely expressing their outrage.

Immediately after what many considered a victory against a tyrannical federal agency, a number of leftist voices – most notably, Sen. Harry Reid – indicated the action against this family will continue.

In response, Texas Republican Rep. Steve Stockman sent a letter to Barack Obama, Department of the Interior Sec. Sally Jewell, and BLM Director Neil Kornze, laying out his position that any such action by the agency would violate the U.S. Constitution.

“Because of this standoff,” he wrote, “I have looked into BLM’s authority to conduct such paramilitary raids against American citizens, and it appears that BLM is acting in a lawless manner in Nevada.”

He cited the limited powers granted to the federal government, noting the bureau has no “right to assume preemptory police powers, that role being reserved to the States,” and explained “many federal laws require the federal government to seek assistance from local law enforcement whenever the use of force may become necessary.”

more at link posted at top....

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
http://www.westernjournalism.com/congressman-pens-letter-obama-blasting-lawless-blm/

Congressman cites a severe violation of U.S. Code -- 43 U.S.C. Section 1733, Subsection C

After the federal Bureau of Land Management agents backed down from their intimidating stance at the Bundy Ranch last weekend, ample evidence has surfaced indicating the standoff between the government and the Nevada ranching family is far from over. Throughout the weeklong stalemate, members of the Bundy family were physically assaulted by armed officers, numerous cows were shot dead, and protesters faced threats of gunfire for merely expressing their outrage.

Immediately after what many considered a victory against a tyrannical federal agency, a number of leftist voices – most notably, Sen. Harry Reid – indicated the action against this family will continue.

In response, Texas Republican Rep. Steve Stockman sent a letter to Barack Obama, Department of the Interior Sec. Sally Jewell, and BLM Director Neil Kornze, laying out his position that any such action by the agency would violate the U.S. Constitution.

“Because of this standoff,” he wrote, “I have looked into BLM’s authority to conduct such paramilitary raids against American citizens, and it appears that BLM is acting in a lawless manner in Nevada.”

He cited the limited powers granted to the federal government, noting the bureau has no “right to assume preemptory police powers, that role being reserved to the States,” and explained “many federal laws require the federal government to seek assistance from local law enforcement whenever the use of force may become necessary.”

more at link posted at top....
Interesting you bring up a incredibly valid point, and it is this statement, hung from the Waco compound during that siege?, "GOD HELP US, WE WANT THE PRESS"

Also the protesters in Taiwan occupying the Capitol, with smart phones for everyone to see.... the key for Mr. Bundy is CAMERAS, none of this "they shot this or that" but have EVERYTHING recorded, (then posted on youtube, ABC, NBC, etc.)

The Key is very important, and once the cameras and video tapes stop rolling at Bundy Ranch, they will send in the tanks as merely "observers", so they say.

So the solution is 24/7 streaming internet video/audio, with multiple exposer in main press and internet sites, information is your friend, and the government is not going to go "Ruby Ridge" on Bundy, not until those cameras are cut off or severely restricted.

But really is any of this worth dying for? Bundy is an equal aggressor as well as the Feds.

Last edited:

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
Interesting you bring up a incredibly valid point, and it is this statement, hung from the Waco compound during that siege?, "GOD HELP US, WE WANT THE PRESS"

Also the protesters in Taiwan occupying the Capitol, with smart phones for everyone to see.... the key for Mr. Bundy is CAMERAS, none of this "they shot this or that" but have EVERYTHING recorded, (then posted on youtube, ABC, NBC, etc.)

The Key is very important, and once the cameras and video tapes stop rolling at Bundy Ranch, they will send in the tanks as merely "observers", so they say.

So the solution is 24/7 streaming internet video/audio, with multiple exposer in main press and internet sites, information is your friend, and the government is not going to go "Ruby Ridge" on Bundy, not until those cameras are cut off or severely restricted.

But really is any of this worth dying for? Bundy is an equal aggressor as well as the Feds.
Is any of it worth dying for...? Ask a vet, maybe he can explain.

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Is any of it worth dying for?
Since Hitler and the brown shirts got brought up earlier...let me add this quote here:

“In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because
I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't
speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no
one was left to speak up.”
--Martin Niemöller, 1945

Now compare the actions of today by our gov. ( actually the actions since 9-11-2001
Patriot Act, NDAA, Legal Use to use a drone to kill any american without due process..etc..etc...list keeps going.)
And Compare it to Germany's actions in the 30's and into the 40's.

All these "officers" enforcing unconstitutional laws and regulations and using the excuse of " Just doing my job/following orders" aint going to cut it! They need to reseach the Nuremberg trials. They all tried to use that same excuse.

So now they are calling Bundy and the supporters " Domestic terrorist's". Well by today's standards the founding fathers of the USA would be called the same!
Guess who fought and won againt the King ? If you guessed Militias...ding ding..you get a gold star! Militias are common people like you and me that stand together when the time is needed. The MSN and GOV. have demonized the militias over countless years to make them into the "bad guys". The militias of 1775 stood up and defied the "rules and Laws" of a King, fired "the shot heard around the world" and thats why today we have a "quarter pounder" instead of a "royale with cheese" in America..damn metric system ( pulp fiction joke sorry)

When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.”
― Thomas Jefferson
“But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future
I think the American people are getting fed up with the long train of abuse today, thats why now they are getting more vocal and more protests showing up. All the marches on DC. Remember the BS here a few months ago of DC shutting down the WWII memorial..I do. WTF did they do it for? It is a open air paid for location...they did it to test/ piss off the American people.
I think thats why many Americans went to Nevada to stand with Bundy. ( If BLM was so great..how come there was 56 farmers/families there when they came..and now only 1 left standing?) And now they are being called "domestic terrorist's" ..really..

Oathkeepers: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution

Yep..none of this looks like a terrorist group to me..., but it would to a tyrannical government?

Sorry for the random/vent. long post everyone...maybe I should just stick to the vehicle threads and avoid the political ones.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams

Last edited:

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Since Hitler and the brown shirts got brought up earlier...let me add this quote here:

“In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because
I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't
speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no
one was left to speak up.”
--Martin Niemöller, 1945

Now compare the actions of today by our gov. ( actually the actions since 9-11-2001
Patriot Act, NDAA, Legal Use to use a drone to kill any american without due process..etc..etc...list keeps going.)
And Compare it to Germany's actions in the 30's and into the 40's.

All these "officers" enforcing unconstitutional laws and regulations and using the excuse of " Just doing my job/following orders" aint going to cut it! They need to reseach the Nuremberg trials. They all tried to use that same excuse.

So now they are calling Bundy and the supporters " Domestic terrorist's". Well by today's standards the founding fathers of the USA would be called the same!
Guess who fought and won againt the King ? If you guessed Militias...ding ding..you get a gold star! Militias are common people like you and me that stand together when the time is needed. The MSN and GOV. have demonized the militias over countless years to make them into the "bad guys". The militias of 1775 stood up and defied the "rules and Laws" of a King, fired "the shot heard around the world" and thats why today we have a "quarter pounder" instead of a "royale with cheese" in America..damn metric system ( pulp fiction joke sorry)

I think the American people are getting fed up with the long train of abuse today, thats why now they are getting more vocal and more protests showing up. All the marches on DC. Remember the BS here a few months ago of DC shutting down the WWII memorial..I do. WTF did they do it for? It is a open air paid for location...they did it to test/ piss off the American people.
I think thats why many Americans went to Nevada to stand with Bundy. ( If BLM was so great..how come there was 56 farmers/families there when they came..and now only 1 left standing?) And now they are being called "domestic terrorist's" ..really..

Oathkeepers: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution

Yep..none of this looks like a terrorist group to me..., but it would to a tyrannical government?

Sorry for the random/vent. long post everyone...maybe I should just stick to the vehicle threads and avoid the political ones.
Very well stated... I believe you could be classified as a patriot my friend, are you a fellow vet?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
You know Reid and his cronies will have their way eventually the turtles will migrate elsewhere and the government will subsidise some wind and solar farms that will pay for their self sometime the turn of the next century. That land is earmarked for something time will tell unless it just gets swept under the rug?
Actually, solar farms don't ever pay for themselves.

The average life expectancy of a solar panel is 10 to 15 years. Generally you need to run one for 20 years to see a positive return on the investment.

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Mickey Bitsko:

No I am not a vet...Unfortunatly. Wish I was. My family is full of Vet's and I have much respect for any who have served. By you wording in your post I take it you are a Vet/ currently serving? if so I thankyou for your service and extend a digital handshake on this post.

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Mickey Bitsko:

No I am not a vet...Unfortunatly. Wish I was. My family is full of Vet's and I have much respect for any who have served. By you wording in your post I take it you are a Vet/ currently serving? if so I thankyou for your service and extend a digital handshake on this post.
You are welcome and thank you.

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
BUNDY RANCH | You saw his proof. Now meet BLM Whistleblower Rusty Hill who uncovered the corporations and shady land deals connected to Reid Bunkerville LLC, Zion Bank Corp, and BLM lands surrounding the Bundy properties.

34 minute video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNGJXDuLkdI

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals