• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey all, as per my introduction I'm going to start a progress thread on my 1994 extended cab ranger 2wd. 3.0 5spd. It's getting a 347 stroker paired up with a c4 trans and an explorer rear end.

I just picked it up as my starting point. It's in pretty decent shape for living it's life up here in North nj. It's got some rust but nothing that won't clean up.

So the plan is to get this in there:

I've been searching for parts and getting ready to tear down the truck.
There's a bunch of parts that I am planning on ordering tonight.

So I have the following :

Engine. 347 stroker,
Trans. C4. 157 tooth bell housing.
Summit 3 core rad n e fan.
Mini starter
3g alt.
Ps pump
Accessory brackets from a foxbody
Have full exhaust off a 68 stang, like new figured it'll be used for this. Came with engine. :)
Conversion headers from headman.
Oil filter relocation kit
Trans dapt ranger v8 conversion motor mounts

So that's where I am now. I will hopefully be pulling the old stuff out and getting ready to test fit the new stuff in the next 2 weeks.

While the engines out I plan on cleaning and painting the bay. Anything not necessary will be pulled out.

The interior will be getting some love soon also as the head liner is shot. It'll get a system, new seats n carpet installed at some point but for budget reasons I am only fixing some smaller easier issues to keep busy. The bed will get lined also.

So that's it for now ppls. I hope to
Update often with a details n pics. I appreciate any input and advice from those that have completed this before.

Thanks
Pryme

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
Wow ... that'll push it down the road.

Welcome..

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey bud, thanks! I sure hope it's a potent combo cuz it'll def get to see a track day here and there ;)

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
if your going to actually drive this thing....get an aod.

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
It will fit. Here is mine (an 84, 4x4) I went with a C-6 though.....

on the stand before install.....

If its built right it should flat move your truck down the blacktop....

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey fellas, thanks for the input. Appreciate it. As far as the aod goes, I felt it was may easier for my intention to go with the c4. It's not going to be a daily by any means. Just a weekend toy for the most part and the parts were available and well priced.
Kinda just hopped on it.

That looks sweet dude! What headers are u running? I grew up in my dad's 83 before he got his 94. I Love these lil trucks. Always wanted a hotrod one...so here that dreams goes. Haha

As far as the engine goes.
I got it out of a 68 mustang thats being coyote swapped. Sounded pretty mean in the video the dude had so I hope all is good when I go to crank it over. Has the following :
347 block, not sure of rotating assembly
Edelbrock 650 carb
Edelbrock performer rpm intake manifold
Edelbrock performer heads
And hooker comp longtube headers.
Supposes to be 420 hp 430 tq. Well see how it moves :)

I have a few parts to still get but should have them by the weekend.
Fuel pressure regulator
Mechanical Fuelpump block off plate
Dual sump oil pan kit
Researching the pully situation as im not sure about the direction of wp to ensure what pullies to order.
Also need to confirm the flexplate I need by checking the flywheel part number. I can't verify right now what year engine or build it is to get the right one. There's quite a few choices and my issue now is whether or not this engine is internally balanced like a built motor should be or externally like the later 5.0s. I'll cross reference the flywheel part number and then figure out the flexplate, torque connverter and shifter.
Right now considering tci tq/c and b&m star shifter.
I have the trans cooler and will get all the lines situated once I get all the parts in.

more to come. Thanks again for the input.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Edit, it was a 69 mustang. And it also came with an msd ignition set up.
Also, not sure why the first post pics are not working 100%.

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
I can't verify right now what year engine or build it is to get the right one.

Should be very easy to do, the engine is out and open, get the block number off of it and cross it here.

http://www.mustangtek.com/block/Block.html

prymetime1

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up angie. Hopefully get to my dads this week to identify what it is so I can move fwd with ordering parts.

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
I am running the HeadMan shorties on mine. But I was looking for torque. On my 347, I lucked out and got a set of 68 heads. This made for a smaller combustion chamber and a higher compression (block is a 69). I had to bore one cylinder .040 over because of a bad scratch (was causing serious blow-by). When it was first done, the shop that built it, got 425 out of it (about 8 g's in this motor, but I hired out all the work). I added a Lunati VooDoo cam (351 profile) and had the heads built around the cam specs (another reason for my price on the build, and had them built for unleaded fuel). I was trying real hard to make sure everything worked together on mine. It does. LOL

Will that fit with the front sump pan? On mine I had to go with the dual sump (to clear the cross-member. I dont know about the 2wd, but would like to know. I have always wanted to build a nice, 2wd, street fighter (and sleeper), but havent had the disposable funds to build another, weekend dragstrip, toy.

Last edited:

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey bloodbane, thanks for reply. Great info.
The pan is coming off and getting swapped for the ford dual sump swap kit. Part # m-6675-A50. I am trying to figure out water pump ish now so I can switch to the serpentine system. Hoping to have this built for less than 10k as that is my budget and....shooting for thanksgiving to be running n driving. Fingers crossed.

prymetime1

Reaction score
So after researching things i think it may be easier to just go with the accessory set up from the 69. I gotta look into if I can use the 3 core rad I picked up.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Update. I got over my rents this weekend to take care of some work. I was able to confirm the engine block and get some parts referenced. When I pulled the bell housing off there was a nice centerforce clutch matched to a sweet hays 12-630 flywheel. I got the starter off and further confirmed. The engine block code is c-80e-6015-c. Makes it a 68 302. With that I moved on to getting the fuel pump block off plate mounted, long tubes pulled, oil filter relocation and oil pan and pick up swapped.
I moved on to the trans which I picked up from a dude on cl. The code on the tag read:
pee ac6
D3zca L9c
After reading up I confirmed this was a 73 c4 out of a mustang.
Case fill with the 157 tooth bell. 26 spline.

I got to looking up parts and figured the flywheel was a pretty stout piece and this engine is a mild street build I went and ordered the following:
Quick time flexplate, 157 tooth, internal balance
Tci Saturday night special torque converter. 10.5 inch 26 spline 2000 stall
B&M start shifter
Inland empire out put yoke. 28 spline.
That should get me able to bolt everything together for fitting.

Here's some progress pics:

That's it till the parts come in.

prymetime1

Reaction score
And just because the truck was alil too plain, tinted the back windows for 5 bucks :)

Will be using this material to recover my headliner

Dig the bandana style print and colors to tie it all together, will be getting new seats eventually in black and may toss down a new black carpet.

Anxiously waiting for the delivery Wednesday.

prymetime1

Reaction score
And not sure why the first post doest show full pics, can't edit so here are so full shots of truck n goodies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals