• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transmission Swap Question 89-91

ka7tbu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Howdy,
I have a 1991 Ford Ranger 4x4 PU with 4.0 engine. Transmission has reverse but no forward in any gear. (Automatic)
I have a 1989 BroncoII 4x4 with blown 2.9 with a good transmission. (auto)

My qustion is I know the 91 may be computer shift, but the 89 is not. Could I put the transmossion from the 89 BroncoII into the 91 Ranger until I can get the 91 tranny rebuilt? what problems may I encounter? Thanks for your advice. :yahoo:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Howdy,
I have a 1991 Ford Ranger 4x4 PU with 4.0 engine. Transmission has reverse but no forward in any gear. (Automatic)
I have a 1989 BroncoII 4x4 with blown 2.9 with a good transmission. (auto)

My qustion is I know the 91 may be computer shift, but the 89 is not. Could I put the transmossion from the 89 BroncoII into the 91 Ranger until I can get the 91 tranny rebuilt? what problems may I encounter? Thanks for your advice. :yahoo:
i was told no and i was doing the opposite new into old but they say you cant do either and i need you b2 trans where are you

ka7tbu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am in Washington. And I agree the newer one will not work in the older one.. but the other way should?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals