• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Would like info on Oklahoma

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Never been there, but may be relocating there in the next few months. Would be in the Ponca City area. Would like to know about the area, climate, etc. We have small kids so I need a good neighborhood for them.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I recently moved from our home of 25 years near the Joplin MO area (a stones throw from OK) and whatever you buy, make sure it has a tornado shelter of some sort. OK has BIG, NASTY, storms. They don't know what snow removal is either. Get a pool for the summer as it will be HOT! Have fun!

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
I recently moved from our home of 25 years near the Joplin MO area (a stones throw from OK) and whatever you buy, make sure it has a tornado shelter of some sort. OK has BIG, NASTY, storms. They don't know what snow removal is either. Get a pool for the summer as it will be HOT! Have fun!
Not sure about the specifics of Ponca City, but he pretty much nailed it otherwise.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
OK is flat. And there is corn. Lots of corn. Lots of flat corn.

sbsrlewis

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm right smack in the middle of Oklahoma n have lived in this state all my life except for 7 years. I love it but its home to me. Not real familiar with Ponca City but it does get Hell hot and the wind likes to blow! Tornado shelters are nice to have but I have never had one. 35+ years here and luckily haven't ever needed one.

Steve

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Never been there, but may be relocating there in the next few months. Would be in the Ponca City area. Would like to know about the area, climate, etc. We have small kids so I need a good neighborhood for them.
Ponca City is very nice, there are plenty of homes available due to Conoco relocating to Bartlesville. Good resturants, shopping is limited, but less than an hour from Stillwater (where I live). They just built a new YMCA with an aquatic center. Lots of good things. Climate is ok. Its hot in the summer, cold in the winter. But overall a nice town.

What will you be doing there?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals