• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pic request-Anyone have duals with 3.5" tips?

ghunt81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Preferably on a lifted newer model Ranger? I'm putting a dual exhaust on my truck (45'ed out the side at the back of the bed) and I'm pretty sure I want 18" long x 3.5" tips...I just want to make sure they won't look too out of place.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Too big.

My brother had 3.5 out at 45's (and tipped down so you don't see the pipe, I recommend that) and it looked about right on his F-150. And he didn't have room for 18" of tip either. Maybe 6" or 8" on his.

Last edited:

ghunt81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well...too late because I already ordered the tips. I'll make it work.

I had a spare 3.5" tip laying around, held it up to the truck and with the bigger tires I thought it looked pretty good.

CaliNickXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Xlt Ex. Cab
Transmission
Manual
Post pics when they are on, I would like to see this.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, be sure to post pics when you get them on :icon_thumby:

I had 3.5"x18" tips on my F-150, they look nice straight out the back (and still tipped down so you can't see the pipe)

ghunt81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I will get pics...making my own bends for them out of a tight mandrel bent piece which will help. According to my scientific calculations (holding the tip up under the truck) I should be good as far as fitment goes.

One problem I am seeing is I bought a Cherry Bomb turbo muffler and it's way wider than I thought ( like 10.5-11" wide) and it looks like it's going to be uncomfortably close to the driveshaft plus make pipe fitment at the muffler difficult. I may have to send it back and get a Thrush Welded in its place.

ghunt81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I got the exhaust and tips on, finished it up a couple days ago. The tips actually worked out perfect length-wise and I think they look pretty good. Painted all the pipes under the truck black so they wouldn't be as visible. I'll get some pictures sometime in the next day or so.

I had to send back the Cherry Bomb Turbo. Tried a Thrush welded, was louder than I wanted. I found a place on ebay that listed a generic "3 chamber" muffler so I bought it.

Turns out it's a Flowsound brand and it's actually like two 2-chambers end to end in one long case. It's a little quieter than the 2 chamber was, so I'll see how it is after it breaks in a bit.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Tip

I would like to see a picture of your install.

ghunt81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry...gets dark so soon after I get home in the evening I haven't had a chance to get good pics.

I will take a couple tonight...I'm actually changing it up a bit, I took it out for a drive with everything done and I just do not like how the flowsound muffler sounds (maybe if I had a stick, but with an auto...blech). But, I want to keep the tailpipes, so I'm redoing the system with a Y pipe to run 2 turbo mufflers instead. Hopefully I can make it work, otherwise the exhaust will have to come off and wait until next year because I want to start driving the truck next week.

ghunt81

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Alright guys, snapped a few pics.

I really like how this came out, which is why I'm trying to make it a little quieter so it won't annoy the hell out of me. And yes these pictures are big.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals