• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

15 x 8 Wheels and 235/70/15 Tires?

BlackMoses

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, I'm getting new tires this weekend and I was thinking about getting some new wheels while I was at it. I was looking into getting the Michelin LTX M/S 235/70/15 tires and I saw these rims for sale on Craigslist for $180.00:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/795581247.html

They are 15 x 8 American Racing Baja rims, and I have a 2001 Ranger XL 2WD Extended Cab.

Anyways I wanted to see if these would work with these tires or if I need to make sure I get a 15 x 7 wheel? Thanks for all your help!

dubnutts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 2001
Make / Model
Ford Chevy
Engine Size
2.5 4Cylinder 5.7 V8
Transmission
Automatic
yes they will work although most people would probably not reccomend it because 8" is the tires max rim width but to answer your question yes
i have 15x8 rims with 235/75R15 tires on my truck and it drives better then O.E.
although what is the backspacing on the rims cause it might cause the rim to be to far under the vehicle and the tires could rub while turning

BlackMoses

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for your help dubnutts, as far as backspacing goes, I'm pretty sure it's 3 3/4 in. Now you say most people WOULDN'T recommend it, if it's not a good idea to run those tires on those wheels I can always wait to get new wheels because I don't NEED them. So should I wait until I can find a 15 x 7?

dubnutts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 2001
Make / Model
Ford Chevy
Engine Size
2.5 4Cylinder 5.7 V8
Transmission
Automatic
The reason people dont reccommend them is cause if your tire fits a rim width of 6-8 they want you to stick with the median which would be 7. All my buddys have 32x11.50 tires which require 8-10 wide rims and all of them have 8 inch wide rims and the same with me my tires are 6-8 and i have 8 inch wide rims so your fine, continue with makin the truck look sweet

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals