• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

MIND BOGGLING P-nut FITTING A/C LEAK.

Leigh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 2WD
Transmission
Manual
REF. 99 Ford Ranger / New UAC, CN 4904PFC Condenser, & New UAC HA 10512C Suction -Discharge hose assembly:

At the “High-side” P-nut connector, the 1.88mm-CS O-ring supplied with the UAC hose, didn't seal enough to even hold a vacuum, even with Nylog “treatment”.

I tried next thicker (Approx. 2.62mm) CS 0-ring, same I.D, which did hold a vacuum, but leaked with High-side system pressure; so I ordered another UAC Hose, to see if it differed in any way, but it's Coupling miked out identical to the one installed.

I “inspected” The P-nut connector on the UAC Condenser, and it was recessed .040" “deeper” than that of the Ford OEM Condenser; so I swapped it with a new TYC Condenser, but once again, the UAC Hose's 1.88mm CS 0-ring failed to hold a vacuum, and, again, replacing it with the next thicker CS seal did, though I suspect it would also fail under system pressure, as the UAC Condenser's had!

The 4-Season's 0-ring seal for that location is also 1.88mm CS, but has wider ID/OD than UAC's, & I'm not confident that would seal any better than the UAC seal???

It would seem that a thicker CS seal would work, but the next higher CS seals are 1/8”, and I can't find any with that small an ID to fit the hose nipple.

Has anyone else experienced, and solved a leakage problem with "this" type Coupling?

LW

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals