• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Racing Seats

99ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all I am planning to change my tan interior to black and my seats are obviously tan so I was wondering if anyone has put racing seats in their ranger? I can pay to reupholster the stock seats but a lot of times that isn't much cheaper than new racing seats.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Unless you have a sanctioned roll cage and the mounting points for the seat/harness, you shouldn't be putting a race seat in your truck. If your talking about an aftermarket seat, lots of people have....fill your boots.

EDIT; I guess there are less serious forms of motorsports that people use "racing" seats in their vehicles, such as auto-cross. In that case a cage and 5-point harness isn't necessary. In fact a 5-point could be dangerous without a cage.

Last edited:

99ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
The more I think about it the more I think I will probably just get them reupholstered so I can match the fabric color to the truck.

black06xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ford explorers have nice seats that are leather heated and power as do mustangs. the explorer seats are basicly a direct bolt in. i went with 2003 explorer sport leather seats. you can find a how to thread on here on the wiring for the power feature as well as the heater. like a said a real swap and the seats can picked up cheap at your local junk yard

JJNOLA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
My ebay seats :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

JJNOLA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
have any info on those seats?
Here's what I know lol

I paid 200 bucks for 2 seats off ebay. They came with tracks, but I did not use them. The bolt holes on the floor board are 14 inches apart across. The ebay seats are 13.5 inches apart. You could drill holes in the ebay tracks to possibly make them fit. I chose to have someone grind off the bolt holes on the bottom of the seat and weld them back on 1/2 inch over so they will bolt directly up to my stock tracks. Worked perfrctly.

These particular seats make the cabin very cozy. I'm 6'2 so when I get in, I'm planted. I better hope I have nothing in my pockets that I need to get out cause it's a struggle lmao.

Learn how to measure seat height and width and maybe even depth for the most comfortable fit. I'm still very happy even after randomly and blindly picking my seats.

JJNOLA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I'm sorry, the bolt holes on the TRACK are 14 inches apart. The bolt holes on the SEAT are 13.5 inches apart. The floor board holes do not matter as I customized the seat and used stock tracks. Trying to be a clear as possible because this was an interesting install.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
What did the seats come out of?

rangerenthiusiast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Damn, they look comfy!! I’d love to have a set for my truck. Just found out I have to replace the whole floor pan today, so the boring cloth 60/40s are coming out anyway...

Any chance you could poke through your email receipts and see who the seller or manufacturer was?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals