• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Brown Bear Build Thread

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
They are just a little stiffer, a good all around spring, the 4 door explorers had the stiffest springs. On the rear lift on my Ranger there is most of a set of explorer springs in there, along with some other bigger arched springs and a little more block. I've been running explorer springs for about 10 years, been towing random stuff and wheeling with them and they've held up. The only thing they didn't like was axle wrap while doing a tractor pull in 4 low first gear which bent one spring and twisted an axle tube...

Kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
They are just a little stiffer, a good all around spring, the 4 door explorers had the stiffest springs. On the rear lift on my Ranger there is most of a set of explorer springs in there, along with some other bigger arched springs and a little more block. I've been running explorer springs for about 10 years, been towing random stuff and wheeling with them and they've held up. The only thing they didn't like was axle wrap while doing a tractor pull in 4 low first gear which bent one spring and twisted an axle tube...
Sounds like it's about what I want. Thanks

Ringmaster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Update

Here is what I have been up to. Installed the explorer spring, new steering, 8,000# Warn winch, snorkel, brush guard, off road lights and 31 inch mud tires.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals