• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help

ktm132james

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1996 ranger that had the 4.0 auto. I swapped in a 1996 explorer 5.0L with transmission and harness after boring the engine 20 over. Runs great and drives awesome but I can't figure out the p0453 code I'm getting was wondering if anyone has had the problem after a swap like this.

ktm132james

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, I'm aware of the code and what it means, but trying to figure out a solution due to the explorers sensor being separate from the pump assembly.

ktm132james

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
wondering if others have put the fuel regulator from the explorers in tank fuel pump assembly on the 4.0l in tank fuel pump assembly?
Also is the 4.0l fuel pump producing to much pressure in the fuel system to cause the ftp sensor to send the signal?
thanks again

win

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Guessing here, but a vacuum hose issue could be the simple answer.

If the evap system can't pull the fuel tank into a slight vacuum, you'll get the high pressure fault.

ktm132james

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm investigating that at the moment gonna pull the tank to trase lines and see what's going on. Does anyone know if the evap system on the 4.0L will work for the 5.0L?

ktm132james

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Guessing here, but a vacuum hose issue could be the simple answer.

If the evap system can't pull the fuel tank into a slight vacuum, you'll get the high pressure fault.
Checked all lines I did find one small leak, But still getting code after fixing said leak. Any other guess? Did you use the explorers or rangers evap system on your swap?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals