• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1988 B2 Conversion using 2000 Explorer 302

dSINtia

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
In my last update I forgot to mention that I'm back in Chicago for a couple months for the holiday season. I've spent the last couple days or so working out the electrical bugs, primarily focusing on reverse lighting today… I won. I was wondering if I was getting 12V back out of the DTRS, turns out I was at the chassis side of the 42 pin harness thankfully meaning the sensor itself isn't bad. The chassis side of pin 21 output was simply connected to the wrong circuit. I remedied that by essentially creating a new reverse lighting circuit by splicing into the chassis side output of pin 21 at C115 and running an entirely new wire back to the trailer tow connection pigtail. Bingo... Reverse lighting.

Tomorrow I'm jumping into the NSS and DTRS circuits to clear these last two DTCs. Neither DTC affects drivability and right now the vehicle is 100% operational.

Let me tell you if there is anyone out there questioning whether or not the 5.0 swap is the way to go in these little B2s, all they need to do is take a ride in this little rig and they will be entirely convinced that is the only way to go. I am shocked at the difference... Every aspect of the truck is different and improved.

More to come... (And pics too).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals