• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 prerunner build help

lownloudf150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I am building a 2wd 2000 ford ranger. it is an extended cab with 3.0 and 5 spd, Currently the truck sits with a 3 in body and 33x12.50 BFGs. I know the body lift is not a good idea. i am ditching the body as soon as i get the money for the suspension. I plan on installing a 5.5" suspension lift. debating between the fabtech 5.5" or the camburg 5.5". what do you all recomend?i I have a set of glasswork 4 in buldge fenders on order. How hard are fiberlass bedsides to install.? I am currently stationed in hawaii, but plan on shipping the truck back to so cal . The truck is a daily driver but sees the beaches on weekends and hopefully be in the desert where it belongs in a few years. any information is greatly appreciated

Last edited:

jeromeshelton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
read the "2000 ranger xlt in Gilbert" post. Most people seem to favor the camburg kit. Also some other pertinate info in reguards to your build as it is the same truck as mine. Good luck.

TayCo 7s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
fabtech has been around forever i got it on my 02 ranger they have taken a beating and work fine im sure w.e you go with will do the job

prerunin554

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you plan on taking it in the dirt, spend the money on the camburg kit, well worth it. Their race vehicles have the same kits that are for sale, says something about quality. Flabtech is ok for someone who never takes their truck offroad, but thats it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals