• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'89 BII Swap

muldo

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hi everybody!

I've searched, and googled, and even asked a couple of bums downtown, but I can't quite find the info I'm looking for.

I'm going to put a EFI 331 stroker into my BII. I am not a lead foot, and this truck will see VERY light off-road duty. I might cross a ditch here and there.

I intend to keep my mitsubishi 5 speed and 1350 t-case. Due to my intended use I don't see an issue with blowing up the transmission or anything. At least not for quite some time. I'll deal with it down the road.

My question, therefore, is this: Will the adapter available from advance with the correct bellhousing and motor mounts leave my shifter in the stock location?

This is important to me. I have a 4x4 for traction in the snow up here in Canada. I'm not a wheeler so I will not be putting any more stress on this driveline than before. I'm doing this swap for kicks, looks, and a fun project.

So yeah, shifter location. I'll use a body lift, so I assume my shifter will get "shorter."

If I use an electric fan up front do I still need to move the condenser for the AC in front of the radiator as well?

I won't actually be doing the swap for quite some time, just gathering intel.

Thanks in advance!

Later... Mike in Calgary

muldo

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nothing? Not even a flame?

Rats...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals