• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1992 Ranger Headlight Adjustment

e21pilot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The headlights on my 1992 seem to be aimed to low in front of the truck.

I adjusted the vertical rods as much as I could to raise the beams but the aim is still too low.

Is there any other vertical adjustment other than the vertical rods on these headlights?

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
I don't think there is. (It's pretty unlikely Ford had 2 adjustments for the same thing)

The question becomes is your ride height within range front to rear? Or is your core support bent?

e21pilot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It looks like the PO put some kind of aftermarket headlight in place and maybe these don't have the adjustment range the factory ones did. I will have to see if I can modify them somehow.

Mike92STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
245-75-16
There are only 2 adjustments on mine. Like he said check to make sure it is installed correctly or if fender or core support are bent. I don't like the way the lenses are designed, the different lines in it make it hard to get a beam of light to use to adjust them. I had some of those xenon lights from China, they were bright but no beam to light up the road more than 20 feet. I got some regular light bulbs on line except they are 80/100 watts instead of 55/65.

Elutheros

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I just went through this yesterday with some replacement headlights from Ebay that would not go up far enough. I had to remove the headlights to get to the second adjustment screw at the top which is set during production. It is a Phillips head and I had to use a small flathead screwdriver to turn it, but I think that adjustment will do the trick. Look at the top of the headlight assembly on the side without the 4mm rod sticking out the back. That's where the screw is that I'm talking about.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals