• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93+ lifted rangers with no front fenders

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Anybody have pictures of 93 or newer lifted rangers without front fenders? Mine got smashed from tires coming up and hitting them and im wondering how it would look fenderless since it will just happen again if i replace them. It has 33's with 6 inches of lift upfront

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Prerrunner fenders exist specifically for that reason. Lots of guys cut the wheel wells out on stock fenders to enlarge the wheel openings too since it doesn't really cost anything.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like you have the wrong back spacing on your rims if this happened when the front end compressed. I had 33x12.5 tires on my 8 inch AR rims and never had any issues with this happening. Google off road prerunner trucks and look at the fenders they run. Ebay has them for sale. Check your state laws about running without fenders. Some states don't allow vehicles to operate on roads without fenders (flatbed trucks are ok) or bumpers. Some trucks just don't look good with the front fenders removed and some do look good.

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I know about the fiberglass fenders, i plan on getting a set one day but right now i have to put my money towards more important things so im looking for a fix for now. But i found a site that sells replacement fenders for around $40. Anybody know if this site is any good?
http://www.carparts.com/details/Replacement/Fender/7812.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KEQiAycCyBRDss-D2yIWd_tgBEiQAL-9RkkSZhrfG8SchNZ7nB16a2wjd64W7CDs3ZgwDDAix3P4aAt2Z8P8HAQ&redirect=1

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Most aftermarket fenders are thinner than stock. Some claim to be as thick or thicker, but I don't really believe it.

For once, I agree with Straycat, something seems amiss here. I have a 5" suspension and 2" body lift on my choptop and I'm running 35x12.5x15 tires on 8" wide rims with 4.5" backspacing. To the best of my knowledge, the tires have yet to hit the fender no matter what I've done with it. I ran 33's before and didn't have a problem either. In fact, if I remember correctly, I ran 33's with just the suspension lift and didn't tear up a fender. Not saying that it's impossible, just something doesn't seem right.

To the best of my knowledge, most states do not allow you to run without front fenders. It's factory equipment, so it has to be there. Besides that, it's going to look rather odd. I'd do a custom trim to my fenders before trying to run without fenders.

SignalZero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
My non-lifted 2wd parts truck. :D

Fenders are going on my '93 before it gets painted.

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have 15x10 inch wheels with 4 inch backspacing and its 2 inches wider on each side, i hit a huge trench i didnt see in the everglades which ill avoid doing again.
i guess it shouldnt be a problem again if im more cautious

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have 15x10 inch wheels with 4 inch backspacing and its 2 inches wider on each side, i hit a huge trench i didnt see in the everglades which ill avoid doing again.
i guess it shouldnt be a problem again if im more cautious
It would probably be easier to see trenches and everything else if you didn't have stickers all over your windshield :icon_thumby:

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It would probably be easier to see trenches and everything else if you didn't have stickers all over your windshield :icon_thumby:
Thats gone now, the window was cracked before so i stuck that over it

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just giving you a hard time. Carry on!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals