• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Facebook and others...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I have been dealing with slowdown and stoppage of my Macbook Pro 15 and I know it needs a RAM upgrade that will help. 

I've tried turning off components of the recently installed McAffe LiveSafe software since all this came about just after that app was put in. It does help but still after a few hours of switching back and forth between websites it bogs down.

What I did find was when I go on FB for any length of time and open some of those sites that offer funny videos and whatnot, the computer bogs down more and more...

So, after discovering this I went into the settings/video and found that I had somehow allowed it to run videos automatically...the kind of thing where you run you mouse pointer over the item and it starts playing the video...

Once that was turned off the problem all but vanished...:icon_thumby:

It still needs more RAM but now I can play a while longer with little or no slow downs...and no Forced Quits on Safari...:icon_bounceblue:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I was just about to start a new thread when iI found this>>>so update time>>>

I splurged on 4 gigs of RAM ad I must say...wow...HUGE difference...

No more lockups or dragging loading...and surprisingly enough...the laptop actually boots up in half the time...really easy to install on this unit too...

I am now contemplating moving to a SSD which will make it boot up in almost no time...

The big problem is now the battery life...and after spending $80 + on a new battery is only marginally improved...the RAM helped a bit because it isn't working so hard to keep up and the SSD will only help that a tiny bit...but will help prevent "laptop burn" where the back of the case gets so hot it can cause first or even second degree burns...seriously!

Only other news is I added a new Logitech K400r keyboard...not sure if anyone else has tried them but they are an absolute NECESSITY for anyone with hands bigger than a squirrel paw...the touchpad placement alone is worth the price...

Oh, and the new wireless USB dongles or whatever they are called are truly amazing...less than an inch long and full recognition instantly...:yahoo:

And...a DVI cable allows external monitor so I can watch movies etc in bed...

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals