• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

05 ranger budget lifts

mason_411

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6
Transmission
Automatic
So long time enthusiast of Rangers, sold my 94 a few years ago and finally got back into an 05 4x4 4.0. I know the discussion on lifting a torsion bar ranger has been beat to death. I know exactly what my options are and Ive explored them all. Looked into a long travel coil over option at first but don't want to go extreme with this build... then I began looking at the 4" lift from super lift? I believe. But got discouraged when I found it to only be a drop bracket kit with no real suspension upgrade for nearly 2k with the drive shaft. So now I'm beginning to explore a more simple approach. my total goal is to make a nice little camping rig. I live in Colorado so getting to the best spots takes a bit more clearance and travel. Truck is a daily/ highway driver so agin nothing crazy, just wanting to do a simple 33s (minor trimming is ok), locker, and winch, build. I'm looking at 3" torsion key lifts and want opinions one what would be my best option if I should go this route? Or should I even go this route? Is the super lift 4" better? Any input is really appreciated! I don't know much about torsion bar fronts! And I wouldn't be against adding a 1 to 2" BL but no more than that really

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
IMO, a 2" body lift sounds like it might be a good option for your situation. As you noted, the Superlift kit does not add a whole lot in the way of performance, and a BL is much cheaper/simpler to do (maybe crank up your torsion bars an inch or so with the stock keys at the same time).

Just know that travel/articulation with the A-arm suspension will always be pretty limited unless you put longer (wider) A-arms on it. If you're wanting significantly more articulation, a SAS is probably your best bet on that truck, and often can be done for the same or less $$$ than the Superlift kit if you find the right parts and get them from the right sources. Don't bother with torsion key lifts though, all they do is overextend the suspension causing issues such as a horrid ride, not to mention accelerated ball joint wear.

monstermazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Manual
You can get a 3 inch body lift fir around 200

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

truckfan

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Torsion key lifts are cheap and effective however there's a tendency for the suspension parts to wear quicker. A body lift is a better choice for you. Regarding Superlift suspension, it is a solid kit that can improve off-road articulation of your truck, and many members here are happy with this lift system.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals