• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mazda B 4000

thebison

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
ranger 1988
ma
Make / Model
Ranger ex. cab
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im looking at this truck, its a 1997 mazda B4000 SE. what are these like compared to the ranger, are there any faults with them? are they better then the ranger? and whats the deal with the SE?

majikmonkie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
In my experience, the B4000 is pretty much the same truck as the Ranger. The external body panels, grill, side markers and headlights are slightly different, among some other parts. The engine and almost all the mechanical parts are identical.

Shotokan1509

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
In my experience, the B4000 is pretty much the same truck as the Ranger. The external body panels, grill, side markers and headlights are slightly different, among some other parts. The engine and almost all the mechanical parts are identical.

Hit it on the nose, only body panels/wheels/badges. The 94 B4000 that I had, a lot of underhood parts were marked "Ford". Sometimes you can get a good deal on them because everyone is looking for a "Ford Ranger" and ignore the mazda's. Only thing I did not like was that the corner lights did not blink, the blinkers were in the lower fascia and recessed slightly so no front blinker from the side of the truck. I was considering rewiring the corner lights, but then ice and a tree ripped one off... as well as the entire fender so insurance totalled the truck :nopityA:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals