• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 clutch

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
all done

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I use LUK brand, no complaints

Ford uses them off and on since mid-1960's, as OEM, so has GM and many other car makers, all about price, when ordering a million clutches, lol.

Always use Self adjusting pressure plates in Rangers, I think one of the founders of LUK invented them, SAC

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Last time I bought a clutch (been a while) Napa's kits were made by Luk. I think the Carquest (Advance and CQ stores) ones are made by Sachs. I don't know who makes Autozone's or Oreilly's since we don't have any of them around here.

I was told recently that Luk's quality has really tanked in the last five years or so though.

fr7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We installed a centerforce clutch in my brother's Mitsubishi eclipse years ago and he loves it, his car is somewhat set for "street racing" so the motor is modified and the stock clutch won't hold up.
They're really pricey though, I think he paid over $300, but it will outlive the car lol. I assume they make one to fit your truck but I don't know if you really want to spend that kind of money on a ranger clutch. Good luck.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
They would replace the pilot bearing, if it was still within warranty time, but they are under no obligation for any labor involved in changing a defective part or any damage a defective part may cause.

Shops may have a bit more clout with parts suppliers but I doubt any parts maker(they supply warranty, not parts stores) would pay for any labor or parts damaged by their part failing.
DIYer would have no clout

And it would basically come down to you saying part was defective and caused the damage, the Parts Maker saying it was installed incorrectly which is why it failed and why there was damage.
Hard to prove it was installed correctly, and thats what you have to do
You could have a Pro Mechanic with 50 years experience, or several, swear that the defective pilot bearing caused the damage, but all "they" need is one saying it didn't and was installed incorrectly.
"They" don't need to prove it was installed incorrectly, just that it "could have been"

Been down this road many years ago with a newly rebuilt engine and a defective new oil pump, yes had to redo crank and bearings :)
They did offer a new oil pump, lol, I passed

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals