• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

anybody used T-Bird turbo coupe seats?

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I got a pair for my Bronco II and just went to start installing them, and ran into some problems.

First - the lower lever that I had on the BII split bench that leaned and slid the seat forward for rear seat access is not present on the t-bird seats, so I'm having trouble figuring out what to hook up to in order to keep that functionality. As it is I only have it able to lean the seat back forward, the only sliding is done by the adjustment lever under the front of the seat. If this is all I'm going to get, it's a deal breaker for me and I may end up selling some t-bird seats and putting my 60/40 back in.

The second problem is the seat back is not locking. It's rocking back and forth as if released but I'm not pulling the lever. Seems like maybe the locking mechanism is gummed up or something. Is there a simple fix for this?

83bagged

January 2010 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i dont think id ever seen any. but id love to have that motor! :)

Flyin Low

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 for now
Transmission
Manual
T-Bird Turbo Coupe seats are great seats, you will really like the seats and the leg extensions really work great for us tall guys. I tried them in a standard cab ranger and they were almost perfect as I,m 6'3". The seat was back to the rear window for me but head room wasn't a issue. I swapped the power rails out for the manual ranger rails and they bolted right in. Just run power to the lumbar pump (under the seat) Super Comfortable and hard to find!!!!! Warning if you use the power seat rails you will loose head room if your are over 6' tall....

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
well, I think I may have decided to find some Explorer seats.

I think these t-bird seats would work great in a truck where back seat access is not important, but without the slide-forward capability it's just about impossible to get back there in the BII. It makes sense after I thought about it - the T-bird doors are like 8 feet long so there's no need for the seat to move frather forward after it's already leaned forward.

The issue is that the lever for this slide-foward action is on the seat - not the rails, so even through my Bronco II rails are set up for this, the seat has no lever to actuate it. I don't have the resources to fabricate the levers and pivots I'd need to make it work.

So now I'm contemplating selling the t-bird seats and leaving the 60/40 bench temporarily until I get ahold of some Explorer seats.

BUT - I still need to get the t-bird seats so they'll lock in place instead of letting the seat back flop back and forth. I feel like they'll be easier to sell if they work.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
the tilt latch on the side of the seat is the same except for that extra toggle, so dismantle your old seat and swap that latch over onto the T-bird seat.

It isn't rocket surgery...

AD

bronco_lou

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 explorer 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
What year Tbird do these seats come from?

Thanks,
Lou

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals