• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lets see those custom interior touches!

Cptspock01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Here is my custom center console with f150 cupholders with the ambient light mod and my sound man galaxy tab mount. Its not letting me post pictures for some reason but will post some when I get home to my computer.

Attachments

Last edited:

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Cup holders is nice idea thanks for that one brotha . So that's the oem lighting and cup holder . They can change colors right . But would have to have the controls for it . Be nice if I could get it to green to match my 94 gauges .

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]

Cptspock01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Cup holders is nice idea thanks for that one brotha . So that's the oem lighting and cup holder . They can change colors right . But would have to have the controls for it . Be nice if I could get it to green to match my 94 gauges .

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]
The lights dont change colors. Just Google f150 ambient light mod and you will find a few videos on how to do that part of this. I believe you can buy other colors to match you interior.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Well this got me interested in starting my interior on my Sport Trac. The ideas are a brewing.

grumpyguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The lights dont change colors. Just Google f150 ambient light mod and you will find a few videos on how to do that part of this. I believe you can buy other colors to match you interior.
Don't know if this helps but my 2011 Fusion has the same cup holder and it does change color. Perhaps this is an avenue to explore as far as color change for those who desire that.

Kealel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't know if this helps but my 2011 Fusion has the same cup holder and it does change color. Perhaps this is an avenue to explore as far as color change for those who desire that.
Boxy Ford Escapes also had color changing ones and lights for the feet area all tun off of one switch

Logan B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Figured I'd bump this cool thread with my upgrades. Interior of the truck has been completely stripped and only uses stock dash and door panels.

Center console is made by Fiberwerx. I wrapped it and modified it for a 5 speed.

Quick release wheel with Momo steering wheel. Don't want this expensive truck walking away in the middle of the night.

Everything you see was done by myself over the corse of a few weeks in between driving to work.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Awesome job! I guess putting the interior trim in after the cage was considerably more challenging...but looks like you got around that just fine...

Here is some of my dash mod...88 Ranger cab with 96 dash...92 door trim...

I am working on getting the junk out of the truck but that is a problem when I need everything inside out of the wet...almost done with the noise though...

Oh, that was the unfinished image...I had two or three of the finished but can't find them...

Attachments

Kealel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think it's time to bump this thread again.

I got a new cluster, a silver one... So I got rid of the black parts and also made them silver. It has sanded gauges, blie LEDs, and a vinyl "display" that reads "Ranger"

masanders

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo
Don't get louder, improve your argument.
Found a silver Pioneer Ranger radio and painted a spare bezel silver. Radio illuminates blue and can be hard to read in the daytime sometimes. May revisit the set up later. Also added a second fog light switch for when I finish wiring the off road lights.

Also replaced all the 194 bulbs on the gauges and HVAC with white LEDs. Also got rid of the green film (sanded on gauges, just removed film piece on HVAC)

And the most recent mod is a pair of seats from a 2002ish 2dr Ford Explorer Sport. Removed the seat covers, power washed them and reinstalled them. Drivers side was power so I had to get a second track that was manual and swap it in. The center console came with the truck

I know this thread isn't new but I am [emoji851]. How did you get your gauge needles clear? I have an '06 Ranger XLT and I've tried blue LEDs in the gauge cluster, but ran into hot spots and the light wouldn't hardly shine through the OEM orange needles (blech!). I also put blues in the hvac which look nice but the temperature dial is blue on both sides.

Any help or redirection would be appreciated!

Kealel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know this thread isn't new but I am [emoji851]. How did you get your gauge needles clear? I have an '06 Ranger XLT and I've tried blue LEDs in the gauge cluster, but ran into hot spots and the light wouldn't hardly shine through the OEM orange needles (blech!). I also put blues in the hvac which look nice but the temperature dial is blue on both sides.

Any help or redirection would be appreciated!
Those are the stock needles in the older black clusters, they normally lit up white but with LEDs change colors.

The best thing you could do is swap needles (which IMHO would look worse) to get blue needles.

As for the HVAC, I got a silver explorer one and it does not look weird with the inner film removed (no color sections)

~ I'm not the OP of what you quoted

masanders

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo
Found a silver Pioneer Ranger radio and painted a spare bezel silver. Radio illuminates blue and can be hard to read in the daytime sometimes. May revisit the set up later. Also added a second fog light switch for when I finish wiring the off road lights.

Also replaced all the 194 bulbs on the gauges and HVAC with white LEDs. Also got rid of the green film (sanded on gauges, just removed film piece on HVAC)

And the most recent mod is a pair of seats from a 2002ish 2dr Ford Explorer Sport. Removed the seat covers, power washed them and reinstalled them. Drivers side was power so I had to get a second track that was manual and swap it in. The center console came with the truck

I know this is an old post, but can you tell me what I need to do to paint it right?

Never painted interior trim before.

Mark

2006 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L
Long Bed
Flowmaster exhaust
K&N intake filter

She may not run 10's in the 1/4 mile...but she's my baby!

masanders

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo

I know this is an old post, but how did you mold the gauges into the bezel? Looking to do a small mod on mine but I have no clue what to do.

Mark

2006 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L
Long Bed
Flowmaster exhaust
K&N intake filter

She may not run 10's in the 1/4 mile...but she's my baby!

Cradh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Give it a bump. I getting ready to build a console and customize my door panels

JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ill join in. i also "scratched" the green film on my gauge cluster so the light shining through is white not green. no pics of that right now but i love it!

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals