• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

EGR Valve Pressure Sensor

2001Redge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The check engine light is illuminated on my 2001 Ranger (4.0L SOHC V6). Autozone read the code and says it is the EGR Valve Pressure Sensor. Can someone tell me where this is located on my vehicle? It looks like a pretty easy part to replace if I can find it. There is something that looks like it just above the left side cylinder bank camshaft cover but I am not sure it is the EGR pressure sensor. Thanks.:beer:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Have a look at #6 post here: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311141

The 3 EGR parts are labeled
DPFE(differential pressure feedback) sensor is the pressure sensor

Couple of things, there is no "left" and "right" on a car, lol, it confuses me, driver's side or passenger's side, assuming you aren't in England, Japan or Australia :)

And auto parts guys know less about engine codes than men know about women.......
Better to post the code here or look it up yourself.
It could be your DPFE sensors is bad or a hose is cracked or broken, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

OBD codes are in computer-ese, code numbers that are NOT listed can be more important than the number that does come up.
i.e. a Lean or Rich code doesn't mean the engine is running lean or rich.............go figure, lol.
But it does mean something.

So the mention of a sensor or part in a Code definition usually means the sensor or part is working, or problem wouldn't be noticed.

2001Redge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks RonD, that is just what I needed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals