• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Still kicking!

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
It's been a while since I posted or checked in, I'm finally selling my car. This translates to me being able to spend some money on the truck now.

The "bad" A4LD transmission is going on three years still basically okay. The 98 4.0 and M5OD are still in storage.

The "plan" was to convert this truck to four wheel drive 5 speed instead of 4 wheel drive automatic and has collected most of the parts except the flywheel and clutch parts which should only be new on this type of installation.

I'm sure many of you are like me and keep looking at Craigslist and eBay seeing how many trucks are out there that need engines that are in much better shape than my junker. So lately I've been wondering about selling this truck for what I got into it and getting something around around the late 90s for this engine and transmission I have in stock.

Hope everyone's well and healthy!

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Good to see you are well and posting again.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yes, welcome back.

It's a game I still play but with renewed passion...I've been boosted with regards to how much vehicle I can own...so I might be able to get back into a newer Ranger after all...

Long story longer...when I went on disability they told me I couldn't own a vehicle worth more than $5,000...the only thing in that bracket that I could find was the Dodge (which is a really nice vehicle)...but the government just bumped up the level to $50,000 which means:

if I can find a good Ranger that is a bit newer...

and

If I can find the money to actually buy a said Ranger

and

If I decide at that point that the Dodge is too big for my needs (which a 7 passenger van for a single guy is) then I might be able to get back into a Ranger...

My brother took me to see a 2011 Ranger 4x4 with the 4.0 and really low kms...but it was $17,000 (at the time) and when I called my worker she nearly fainted...

So...plan B...and my worker is recovering nicely...:)

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Yes, welcome back.

It's a game I still play but with renewed passion...I've been boosted with regards to how much vehicle I can own...so I might be able to get back into a newer Ranger after all...

Long story longer...when I went on disability they told me I couldn't own a vehicle worth more than $5,000...the only thing in that bracket that I could find was the Dodge (which is a really nice vehicle)...but the government just bumped up the level to $50,000 which means:

if I can find a good Ranger that is a bit newer...

and

If I can find the money to actually buy a said Ranger

and

If I decide at that point that the Dodge is too big for my needs (which a 7 passenger van for a single guy is) then I might be able to get back into a Ranger...

My brother took me to see a 2011 Ranger 4x4 with the 4.0 and really low kms...but it was $17,000 (at the time) and when I called my worker she nearly fainted...

So...plan B...and my worker is recovering nicely...:)
Thank you Gents!
I've always felt that you can build the vehicle you want within reason.

The reason why I went for the older 93 Ranger because it really is more truck like then the newer ones.

It has about 145 k on it, has a slight oil leak on the intake, never needs water, but runs great!

Here's something interesting; during the front end work and finding one Hub was locking up causing everything to spin when driving, the power steering leak has slowed down allot!

The new ball joints bearings seals U-joints & warn hubs, on the front makes it feel almost new when driving.

I still want a 5-speed truck! 2k plus to rebuild an antique A4LD transmission just doesn't sit well and no one will warranty beyond one year. But it keeps running and running but not quite like the Energizer Bunny .

I'm on Facebook and in a couple of the Ranger groups there too. Honestly, if you want advice don't ask there!

Last edited:

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Thank you Gents!
I've always felt that you can build the vehicle you want within reason.

The reason why I went for the older 93 Ranger because it really is more truck like then the newer ones.

It has about 145 k on it, has a slight oil leak on the intake, never needs water, but runs great!

Here's something interesting; during the front end work and finding one Hub was locking up causing everything to spin when driving, the power steering leak has slowed down allot!

The new ball joints bearings seals U-joints & warn hubs, on the front makes it feel almost new when driving.

I still want a 5-speed truck! 2k plus to rebuild an antique A4LD transmission just doesn't sit well and no one will warranty beyond one year. But it keeps running and running but not quite like the Energizer Bunny .

I'm on Facebook and in a couple of the Ranger groups there too. Honestly, if you want advice don't ask there!

Feeling pretty happy! I actually sold my car! I'm going to take a break and start thinking about getting started on my truck, I still keep thinking a whole 98 4.0 and m5o transmission are the way to go even though the 4.0 in the truck runs great, with 145 k on the od

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Congrats on selling the car...:icon_thumby:

That's barely broken in...my last 2.3 have 440K km's...which is about 272K USD...

I would have swapped a 145K engine into it and been happy but I do understand there is that magic 200K issue with the timing on some of them.

Doofy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Shit Happens...Then You Die.
Yeppers, Still Kicking is much better than the alternative. Welcome back.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Yeppers, Still Kicking is much better than the alternative. Welcome back.
Doffy thanks!

I'm seriously thinking about selling the engine I have in storage.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals