• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Modified Seat for more comfort

Randy960

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love my ranger, but I I've always hated the seats for long trips, and I drive about 300 miles a week between school and my two jobs. It seems like theres no support for the back, so you just sink in. Well Yesterday I pulled the seat apart, and well, there is no support for the back. The frame runs along the outside of the seat, and the only thing that keeps you from falling through is foam. So I took some sheet metal and bent and formed it to go around the back of the foam along the lower back. It doesn't make it stick out any more, all it does is prevent it from sinking back so much, and I love it so far.
Sorry for the quality of the pics, my real camera is busted. Perhaps I'll get some better ones with my girlfriends camera another time.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Interesting - I have a 95 and I converted from 60/40 to buckets by removing the 20% on the drivers seat. I have not noticed any "sinking" issues yet, but now I know what to do if it happens.
Thanks for the info.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals