• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Code 13

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
I am having idle issues and pulled codes and got a code 13.Can not control idle RPM during self test low RPM check in engine running mode.The TPS is new and the voltage is .092 volts and my idle is at 800 to 830 rpms when testing for codes.Then at times the idle will spike down to 600 as like the engine shuts down and fires up again?I unpluged the air by-pass solenoid and the idle drops to 600 and returns to 830 rpms when pluged in.I am thinking it's air by-pass valve either sticking or going bad.Any info would be helpful?

Last edited:

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, sounds like the Iac is bad, from the symptoms. Have you tried cleaning it? It helps determine if that's causing the problem because they usually work a little better if they have never been cleaned, and if your problem gets any better, you can grab a new one. Just make sure you seal it up really well so you don't make the problem worse! If air gets in your idle might go up and you'll think its better! Haha good luck man,

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
That's the plan,I ll try cleaning it and if that solves the problem then I'll just replace it for $55.00 and be done with it!Thanks for the help.

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's the plan,I ll try cleaning it and if that solves the problem then I'll just replace it for $55.00 and be done with it!Thanks for the help.
Let us know how it went, I used hit my IAC with a flashlight every few days and it would idle back up. It was funny, my battery was a little too small since I got it out of another car I had to junk (it was a new interstate, so funk yea I used it.) When I put the fullsize truck battery into the tray, and hooked it up, the problem went away. My battery wasn't providing enough power for the sticky IAC.

Just some food for thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
Well I cleaned the Air by pass valve and no change.So I replaced it and also the TP switch,which was under life time warranty. Calibrated the TPS to .090 volts and the idle is 850 rpms now and no Tach spiking.I also suspected the TFI was failing and had Auto Zone test it and it was bad also.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals