• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 Ranger SC bucket swap

whiteranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
OK i have read the posts and the threads and while my question is not exactly unique from those I am hoping for some help. :no2:I have a 93 2wd SC XLT. It has hi Back buckets in it. I am hoping to swap them out for a set of power Buckets (Junk yard finds). I have looked at a 94 ex and a 98 ex. Has anyone managed to either get the seat racks from these seats to work in a Ranger or can the actuators/compressors/switches be transferred to the Ranger racks?

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
I'm reading your post and wondering, are you talking about 94 (Ranger) ex & a 98 (Ranger) ex? The standard cab Ranger's seat brackets are the same from 1993 to 2001. The extended cab 1993 to 1997 & 1992 to about 00 Explorers are the same according to Corbeau.com That's the seats I have in my 94 Splash. They aren't power but unless more experienced posters know I have been told the actual seat can be unbolted from their brackets and attached to your brackets. Be sure to carefully inspect the bolts before you install for damage. The last thing you need is for the seat to come apart in an accident.

whiteranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thx for the response. The seats in question are from a /94 and / 98 explorer. I have just bought the /94 seats, no racks. They are leather with inflated sections. I am about to see if they bolt right up. I am using the original bolts that the seats came with, I am way ahead of you with the "What happens in an accident? scenario" I'll let ya know how it works out. I am wondering though that if they fit will I be able to get power to them. The under hood powerbox of the explorer has a 60 amp fuse to supply the system.

whiteranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well they went in with a little work,the passenger seat bolted right up. The drivers seat was a little work:
1) the seat base needed to be tapped, the hole for the rear seat mount is there just needed to run a tap throught it
2)as the seats I bought are power rigs and i have manual rail bases I don't have the front tilt seat feature for rear access now. I just removeed the extra lever that disengages the base

Thanks to mother nature and an impending road trip, routing a power wire for the seats will have to wait.

BTW I also swapped out the armrest over the console with the leather one from the explorer and it was a direct fit. I would swear that almost all of the interior is the same, including the dash cluster. I got my seats out of an 1994 Sport Explorer.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals