• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fants truck

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like a fuel filter is clogged. Also how long ago was the carb rebuilt?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Two fuel filters was clogged. Changed em and shes haulin ass again. Man i love this truck. Fixen to start on lifting the bumpers up to match body lift. But thatl be after turkey season. Times to test the 4wd out sat mornin.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like fun. I've never been turkey hunting, but always wanted to go.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well been a few months since ive posted. Yes i got my gobbler. Had one get away and gun knocked a filling out so quick trip to dentist and next day got a bird. Problem was knocked filling into nerve. So just pulled the damn thing. Lol. In the past few months ive busted two radiators and something in my rearend popped and now it howls after 2nd gear. These damn radiators are 220.00 each. And my new one lasted oh bout two days. My motor and transmission slid forward half a inch. So. To fix this i fabbed a plate that fits inside my trans crossmember to fit bolts precisely. The plate will not allow the tranny to move forward or backward in notches that i cut. I had some shims made to install on driver side to lift motor up so oil pan isnt touching crossmember. I havent cracked it yet but i would feel safer witth no metal on metal contact. As for the rearend. Wel. Lets just say the little 7.5 did good til it caught a hard rock in the mud. All i heard was a pop and now it howls. Friend of mine thinks i broke teeth on the ring gear. So i bought a 92 ford explorer 3L73. Thats right. I fount me and 8.8 31 spline limited slip with matching 3.73 gears that im fixen start building. Hell ima install the springs to just to see what they look like. If it looks funny il take em off and install my ranger springs again. I have 2 2 inch blocks on each side. So the explorer leafs may be to much. Wel see. Oh i also beefed up my fan brackets that holds it to the shroud. The shroud i have is for the ford explorer 92 4 door auto trans 4.0. It fits my double width radiator. Il post some pics when i take all the stuff off and post on here. Id have to go back and look in earlier post but i think my fan is off a mecury sable. Its got a high and low. Its the same fan as taurus runs. Its 4 in thick. So when motor slid forward 1/2-3/4 inch the water pump pulley pushed it into the radiator. Its braced where it wont move so much now and i installed a piece of thin metal on radiator side of the fan shroud to keep shaft of fan outa raditor for future offroading. Lol. My setup aint proffesional and it aint perty but it works. In event the fan foes get pushed forward. The shaft hit the 2 in wide metal and that pushes to radiator. So u dont push a hole in radiator with shaft. I learned the hard way. This is my 4 th radiator in this truck. Well the one im buying in few weeks will be.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You need to put an efan on it, you would be money ahead.

Sounds like everything is going good, don't forget pictures.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My fan is electric fan bud. Its the ford taurus electric fan. I had to fab the sables shroud to fit into the explorers shroud. Its sits fine. Its 4 inches thick and had 1/2 clear ce to radiator and 1/2 to 3/4 on motor to pully side. When motor slid forward it shoved fan it o radiator. I had f150 clutch fan at first. It went through a 450.00 radiator. So i installed the sables or ford taurus two speed electric fan.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've never seen anybody have such an issue with their engine sliding forward. Mine has an inch clearance from the fan and never had much of a problem other then my rad being slightly pushed back by wind resistance and my fan motor touching my water pump pulley but I moved my fans position on the rad and have been good since.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
image.jpg (79.0 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
image.jpg (109.0 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Attach Files
Valid file extensions: doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png txt zip
image.jpg (73.6 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Attach Files
image.jpg (127.7 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
image.jpg (169.7 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Attach Files
image.jpg (115.5 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Alright first off. What the heck is that thing in picture above?its mounted to rearend with the bolts u see in the exact position. Downward. Whats its purpose on a ford explorer?a counterweight?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals