• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4wd hi and 4wd lo lights flash

RumpRanger98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
So I dont have an owners manual so dont know what fuses to check, or what relays because idiots at ford assigned them numbers physically on the car and you need the manual to figure out whats what, instead of just labeling everything. Can anyone tell me what relay is responsible for the 4wd so I can check it? I have never used 4wd since I have had the truck but I know they did work fine because i played with it and could hear it shifting. But all of a sudden leaving the grocery store lights started to flash.

RumpRanger98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
so I was checking all the relays to see if maybe one looked burned or something. I can't find anything. So after shoving all the relays back I decided to check for the flashing lights. The lights are no longer flashing. And I can put it into 4wd hi and I hear the shift when I do that and the 4wd hi lights up on dash. But 4wd lo is not working now. I put it into 4wd lo with truck stopped and clutch in and it stays in 4wd hi

what can I check? why one and not the other

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals