• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

M50-DR1HD vs non hd spacer plate difference

5ohRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a 01 ranger 4.0 5 speed today to swap into my 99 4.0 truck. The 01 was missing the spacer between the trans and the transfer case. No problem!!... I have a junk case at home I'll just pull it off the old one and fix the 01 trans... wrong! The trans I pulled the spacer off of is a 91 4.0 trans and the output shaft has a notched "gear" type thing on it and the 90 model dont... any body know if the output shaft will interchange so I can use the spacer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

5ohRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So just for giggles I pulled the gear or cog or whatever it is off the shaft and the spacer plate fit but.... not sure where that seal is riding so ot sure if it's gonna work or not. Need the trans out of the truck to get a better look at it

5ohRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So I just pulled the "HD" transmission out and to my suprise it doesn't have the extra hole for the sohc that is supposed to have. I am confused now... it has the rear OSS sensor cog and the new style slave cylinder. Is there any way to tell that this is a HD transmission by looking at a casting number or anything? Starting to wonder if someone didn't build this trans out of a non hd to accommodate this 01 sohc truck...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals