• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wow there are still good people in the world

Xandor

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 89, 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.9 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
So last year I bought a motorcycle. Took my written test $10, then went and took the driving test and that was something like $15. When you take the written test you get a 4x8 paper that is your premit, then you take the riding test and they just stamp it, its then a full blown license. However its only good for a year, you have to take it back to the stupic BMV and get them to stamp the letter "M" on your license and thats $20.

Anyways long story long, last year I never felt like droping the $20 to have an "M" stamped on my license. So I kept my paper in my wallet and was planing on geting the stamp in may right before its no good. Well it got realy beat up and was in about 3 separate pieces, just looks like a piece of trash, and from time to time would fall out of my wallet when I was paying for stuff.

Well about 2 months ago I noticed its wasnt in my wallet and couldnt find it anywhere. Yesterday I got a unmarked letter from someone with nothing in it but my old paper license. So happy. Saved me time and money. I wish I could thank them. Heck they spent 44 cents just to give it to me.

Last edited:

xnickitynickx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Oldsmobile
Engine Size
3.1L V6
Transmission
Automatic
See, it's people like that that give me faith in humanity.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome. I always try to pay it forward cause what comes around goes around!

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Good story..............nice to hear some good about people.

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yep went to welding supply store bought some welding gloves dropped a 20$ for 8$ gloves. he gave me like 22$ in change 2 tens and 2 ones. I promptly told him he gave me too much change. i dont know how many people are like this. but its just the right thing to do

Doom's Day Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
The other day i found this guys money clip with like $300.00 in it and his name was printed on it and how he was a marine and what class he was..

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My daughter in law kinda[by girl friend not marriage] lost her wallet at wal mart in Chico Ca.She had a baby a week before so it had check cards and gift cards but it all came back some one turned it in.

mr e powers I return change myself doing the right thing makes me feel better than anything I can buy with the change.

TheOne

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
iv had it happen at the local pick n pull i paid $28 or something for parts for my b2 chick gave me 32 back...they charge stupid prices for stuff now so i take what i get from them.

iv helped return numerous things to people even money people have droppedwhen their standing at the till...meh one day i hope it happens to me...

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I always tell people if I get too much change. Just doesn't feel right taking it. Cool story. My parents were at a restaurant a couple weeks and there was a group in the booth behind them, or beside or something and the guy told a funny story (can't remember about what now) but my parents kinda chuckled when they heard it. The guy walks over, snatches there bill up and says, "Have a nice day" and it was like...a $50+ bill for the meal. I thought that was pretty cool

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Man thats good to hear! You were lucky the right person happened to stumble across a crumpled piece of paper that day.

yep went to welding supply store bought some welding gloves dropped a 20$ for 8$ gloves. he gave me like 22$ in change 2 tens and 2 ones. I promptly told him he gave me too much change. i dont know how many people are like this. but its just the right thing to do
I returned a video card to staples a couple months back and the girl gave me an extra $20 back, for some reason I decided to count the money in the parking lot and realized it. I walked back in and gave it to her and she didn't seem grateful or anything, kind of gave me a weird look actually. I was just being a nice guy and didn't want to have any more bad karma come my way because my computer and my car had taken a crap within days of each other.

fordrocks1986

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 L v6
Transmission
Manual
Nothing like that would happen in so cal if you lose something here it's gone I lost a a visa card two days later some one spent a 1000 dallers online

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So last year I bought a motorcycle. Took my written test $10, then went and took the driving test and that was something like $15. When you take the written test you get a 4x8 paper that is your premit, then you take the riding test and they just stamp it, its then a full blown license. However its only good for a year, you have to take it back to the stupic BMV and get them to stamp the letter "M" on your license and thats $20.

Anyways long story long, last year I never felt like droping the $20 to have an "M" stamped on my license. So I kept my paper in my wallet and was planing on geting the stamp in may right before its no good. Well it got realy beat up and was in about 3 separate pieces, just looks like a piece of trash, and from time to time would fall out of my wallet when I was paying for stuff.

Well about 2 months ago I noticed its wasnt in my wallet and couldnt find it anywhere. Yesterday I got a unmarked letter from someone with nothing in it but my old paper license. So happy. Saved me time and money. I wish I could thank them. Heck they spent 44 cents just to give it to me.
Must have been visitors from another planet, did ya see MIB lurking about?

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
There are still decent people in this world. They sure are a rare breed though. On a related story, a guy in my class saved me $40 bucks on two stupid light bulb sockets. I was pretty grateful for that.

Radio Flyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I have a similar story.

While we were dating, My now wife and I went to see the Blackhawks at the Chicago Stadium. For those not familiar with Chicago, the staduim was in a real crappy area. You always drove the "beater" and always "tipped" the local kids to watch your car for you. I told my wife to leave her purse at home and just put her driver's license in her pocket. several days later, her license showed up in the mail with a nice note saying that she hoped she got it back in time to enjoy her 21st birthday!!!

:beer: :icon_cheers: :beer:

Never forgot it, and have found and returned several wallets (and cell phones) since.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals