• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Custom Sub box Build

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
im not trying to break your heart. you may put it in and love it. ive never liked kicker subs. but thats me., i have a RE audio S-E-X 12'' in my 240 with 1,000 watts rms of bass and its ridiculous. but also EXPENSIVE lol
yeah, im in college i dont have money to blow, all though i have more than most do. and this set-up im looking at is better than anybody i know in southaven haha. mostly cuz the stupid high school kids will buy what ever they can find used from there buddies and put it in pawn shop boxes haha.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, im in college i dont have money to blow, all though i have more than most do. and this set-up im looking at is better than anybody i know in southaven haha. mostly cuz the stupid high school kids will buy what ever they can find used from there buddies and put it in pawn shop boxes haha.
Wtf? You're in southaven?
I'm in Southaven now.

I live in walls. But my gf lives off rasco.
I go to school at ole miss Desoto campus.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Wtf? You're in southaven?
I'm in Southaven now.

I live in walls. But my gf lives off rasco.
I go to school at ole miss Desoto campus.
ha yeah, i actually live in ob, off pleasant hill. i go to northwest senatobia i stay in the dorms during the semester though. plan on going to ole miss next fall.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
ha yeah, i actually live in ob, off pleasant hill. i go to northwest senatobia i stay in the dorms during the semester though. plan on going to ole miss next fall.
That's cool. My gf goes to NWCC and stays in those dorms. Gotta love senatobia right? Lol

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
That's cool. My gf goes to NWCC and stays in those dorms. Gotta love senatobia right? Lol
haha false i cant wait to leave, what is she studying?

and my sub should be here tomorrow...:yahoo:

there fore im going to start construction tomorrow. ill probably head to lowes early to get a jump on it, i have to start literally from the ground up because theres no good points of reference so once i get the bottom of the box laid out everything should flow well

im going to tap all the holes and probably put reinforcement on the inside, but what about sealing, i found this stuff out in the shed it looks promising, (see pic) idk if i should use it. because i know its recommended that you wood glue the box along with the screws and then seal it with caulk or something what is yalls take on that?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i think it'll work.

she's taking music education stuff...

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
okay sub didnt show up until tuesday so i had to wait until then to make it, i wanted the sub on hand to make sure everything fit properly, measure twice cut once. it took a while but in the end, im satisfied with the final product, its not finished yet, need to carpet it and ad supports to the bottom and back to keep it in the hole lol. and it sounds awesome. probably not like your high end set ups, make it makes me happy its not overberingly loud but it adds an awesome lo end to my system. very pleased.

yes the two by fours are not permanent.

im also looking at moving the amp, either under the box or down behind the drivers seat, i just looked an i have plenty of space to mount the amp out of the way, now that i lost half my back to this thing :)

Last edited:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I would have went with the pioneer or kicker thin line sub... Personally.
Alot of the midsouthjeeps guys have them made into their backseats. They can hit hard.

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Great job, more pics, such as the back side that show how you're going to secure that thing in there

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i couldnt get many shots while building, my hands were tied up, my terimanls for the box should be here soon, once they are, ill cut a hole in the back, sand the box down make it purdy then carpet it. hopefully it will be friday, i run out of time when school starts.

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
I just found this thread, nice job! Any updates?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, carpet is on the way, i tried to find some in town but no luck. i have friday and monday off so ill wrap it up then, also, i had a guy ask me how many 12's i had in my truck hahahahaha

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Okay I'm done with it for now. Got it carpeted, terminals in, and base attached. The carpet isn't stapled on, I sprayed the carpet and box with some construction spray adhesive worked pretty well. On to the pics.
Im really satisfied with it. As my dad always says not to bad for a bunch of rookies.

Last edited:

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Couple questions if you don't mind me asking.

Is the box ported or not and how did you run your wires to your head unit?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Couple questions if you don't mind me asking.

Is the box ported or not and how did you run your wires to your head unit?

Thanks in advance.
The box is not ported, i wanted the smallest box possible. And i ran the power wire through the firewall and down the driver side under the carpet. I ran the rca cables down the middle of the cab under the carpet. I also ran the amp turn on wire with the power wire.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals