• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

luis...the Ranger!!

That.1.guy

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just got a 85 ranger yesterday for $200!! every thing is all original and in very great shape for its age. no ripped seats, cassette radio and all. just needs a new trans. and transfer case rebuilt. its a dual tank, 2.8, fm145 / 1350, not sure how longs its been sitting but tags expired in 98... Motor turns over by had still, can't attempt starting it because bell housing is missing. planning on running 35's. maybe a flat bed.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

planeflyer21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Score!

That's a great price for a truck these days.

That.1.guy

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I will post some more pictures if a few but looking at it more it really might only need a tranny. no rust under body and transfer case still has oil residue in it. still has original warranty paperwork in the glove box.

That.1.guy

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
non ruster floor pan
IMG_1229 - Copy.jpg
original interior
IMG_1241 - Copy.jpg
IMG_1242 - Copy.jpg
complete front end with very clean 2.8
IMG_1243 - Copy.jpg
IMG_1245 - Copy.jpg

RayInStl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Well, that didn't work. Let's try something else!
Nice! You going to rebuild the transmission and transfer case yourself, or get one from the junk yard? Either way, that was a great price for a solid looking truck!

That.1.guy

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was going to just rebuild it but only half on the tranny came with the truck. so for now looking for a replacement. closest in junk yard is 300+ miles away. also no bell housing so cant really try to start it. the other choise is I have a 83 with the 2.3 that just needs a new carb. (works but worn out and no choke) but its 2wd. that truck came with a second long block that just needs rebuilt.

the 85 is in a lot better shape so using it for parts now. so far have all the lights working. need to swap blower motor. 83 has brand new one.

That.1.guy

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
got some time to look at the trans... input bearing is.. well missing... seems common on these. nothing else I'm moving inside tranny. transfer case sifts nice tho .and there was a shinny nugget....

Attachments

That.1.guy

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Trying to get a m5od Out of a 92 with4.0

That.1.guy

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
got the tranny today!! gonna clean it at work tomorrow. looks like it will need an input bearing and shifter rebuild? sloppy shifter and leaks oil out the top.

do I need to use the 92 slave cylinder if I keep the stock clutch?

That.1.guy

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
got the transmission mostly installed. enough to be able to start it. so put a couple gallons in the tank and nothing...... so easy stuff first. poured fuel down the carb and it tried to start! so I filled the float bowl and it actually runs! but then it dies. so might need a pump. but to be sure a tried putting a little more fuel in to make sure there was enough and......... the damn thing has a hole in the front tank........grrr

That.1.guy

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
finally got some time to work on the trucks changed plans a little ans am going to use the 83 and swap over the good parts. so already got the interior swappwd and working on getting the front clip swaped ( someone hit a deer before I got it.) how long do you think the stock ttb will last with light crawling and 33s. also with some desert/ sand use

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals