• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 Ranger 4x4

Ragingbull

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fortune Favors the Bold, Walk Softly and carry a Big Stick
Noticed this gem on Craigslist off and on for around a year. He'd list it then take it down. When I first noticed it he wanted 2400, said engine had no compression. Then he would take it down and relist it a month or so later. At one time he listed it for 1700, but I didn't have the cash or the time to mess with it. Finally he put it back up for 5000, never said what he did to the engine. I went and looked at it, really not too bad for an 18 year old truck with 161,000 on the clock. I drove it around, ran pretty good. Noticed the check engine light didn't come on. I offered 3500, guy got a little upset. Said it was worth 5, hell even has Rancho shocks. I could care less about shocks, they're prolly worn out. BTW your tires are 7 years old, I see some bondo, and the cruise buttons are broken. Finally split the difference and agreed on 4300. I could live with that. But once you get it home is when you really start noticing all the little things. It's obviously been in a fender bender but the four wheel drive works and there's no leaks from engine, tranny, or transfer case. The only thing that really bothered me was the antifreeze was very dirty. Got all that crap out, and all filled with good coolant. He wouldn't tell me he'd had the engine out but it's obvious it has been once I really started looking it over, and the heads are clean so they've prolly been redone. So hear we are. It's got the 3 slow but I can live with it for now till I can find a good donor explorer or whatever with a 4.0 or 5.0. It's not as nice as Country Cowboy's but it's mine and I have some plans for her.

fyre82

Firefighter
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
9" on the 2000, 6" on the '88
Tire Size
265/75/16, 31x10.50x15
My credo
The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime
Nice,
I have one in Deep Wedgewood Blue Metallic, 4.0.
Bought it with about the same mileage as yours.
Rich

Ragingbull

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fortune Favors the Bold, Walk Softly and carry a Big Stick
I had a 2000 DTS that was similar to that color. Would love to have mine that Blue.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals