• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Parking Brake Handle Issues

jmburton1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The parking brake release handle on my b2 was broken off when I got it, any idea on how to replace it, the metal part broke off not simply the handle itself, will get pics tomorrow

jmburton1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh and another thing, I'm in the process of ordering a new rebuilt motor and the shop needs to know if I have 5 or 7 mounting holes on the driver's side but I only see the 3 bolts coming off the motor mount on that side, the shop is a ways a way but highly reputable so I'm ordering by phone and having them deliver so I need to figure it out

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if in doubt, weld it out...

second question, i don't even understand the question

jmburton1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hmm i didnt even think to weld it.

and about the second question its confusing. the shop said there are 2 versions of the 2.9, one which has 5 mount holes on the drivers side and one with 7, I'm honestly unsure of what they mean I'm assuming the holes the motor mounts bolt to but I'm going there tomorrow so I will find out.

I have the option of getting a high torque motor which is roughly 10 percent more horsepower for an extra 200 or I can get headers for 200, I only have it in budget for one or the other so which would be best?

Beachbuggy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hmm i didnt even think to weld it.

and about the second question its confusing. the shop said there are 2 versions of the 2.9, one which has 5 mount holes on the drivers side and one with 7, I'm honestly unsure of what they mean I'm assuming the holes the motor mounts bolt to but I'm going there tomorrow so I will find out.

I have the option of getting a high torque motor which is roughly 10 percent more horsepower for an extra 200 or I can get headers for 200, I only have it in budget for one or the other so which would be best?
The 4.0L would be the best...:icon_cheers:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i'll bet a 4.0 is only about 200 more than the 2.8...

i would go with the high torque motor personally, you can always add headers on at a later date, plus they aren't going to give you 10% more hp...

i'd be suspicious about the high torque motor personally, find out what the difference is first.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals