• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rock sliders ane aftermarket bumper help?

ltuck808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Anyone know where to buy rock sliders or bumpers for b2s? Ive looked for months and can't find anything

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I dont believe there is anywhere to buy bolt on sliders. Bumpers you can get at james duff but they are expensive.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
its called buy a bender and a welder....
some jeep stuff will work with slight mods tho.

several companies make sliders in different lenghts. i believe the b2 needs about a 58" slider or so? idk for sure i'd have to measure.

http://www.trail-gear.com/rock-sliders maybe the 58" for 4runner/single cab yota stuff would work? measure and make sure...

personally i made my stuff from metal, custom. (well i had the bumper made by a friend)

see my bumper here

and my sliders here--KINDA, hard to see in any pics i have.

but they are modeled after these

ltuck808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's called don't be a smart ass. I want quality parts and I don't have the place, skill or tools to do it. I could make some ugly square tube sliders like everyone else but I don't want that. Thanks for your input

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Problem is the ugly square ones work really well and are cheap. Take it to a shop to have the sliders made. Hopefully it won't be to expensive.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
was that directed to me???
i never once was a smart ass, the truth is.. there are not bolt on sliders for a b2 that i've ever found... the trailgears are quality sliders and could be the length you need.

and there are not a lot of option for bolt on bumpers either.. other than james duff (and one other brand of tube bumpers, can't recall the brand). your best option is custom... doesn't matter if you do it or if someone else does it for you. are there fab shops in your area?

now if that was a smartass answer to your question.... forget i said anything, sorry for wasting your time... and stop asking questions on a forum, b/c you will always get better answers that are NOT the answer you want. thanks. have a good one!

hope you can find some sliders and a bumper you like, if you do find bolt on stuff...let me know b/c i'd like to see it!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
oh... and you never addressed in your original post that you didn't have the skills or tools needed to do so... so how are we suppose to know that??
if you would have said in the beginning, i don't have the know how or tools and i won't be making my own...i would have never posted what i did...

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I always assume everyone can do anything I can do, and better. I mean, surely, if I can do it......right?

Anyway, I prefer to learn new things, and make stuff myself, as apposed to plopping down all my hard earned cash. I appreciate the finnished product alot more.

Custom built however you do it, is the way to go.

ltuck808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would like to do it myself bit I cutrently live in apartments and can't break out a welder and tube vendetta and run a extension cord into the Parking lot and go to town lol

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Then do what I've done and put on some work clothes, put a couple of cones in a parking spot away from your apartment and go to town. People just thought I was some contractor there for a job. Or find a area where they are building houses and use a driveway.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

dirtcowboy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Transmission
Automatic
was that directed to me???
i never once was a smart ass, the truth is.. there are not bolt on sliders for a b2 that i've ever found... the trailgears are quality sliders and could be the length you need.

and there are not a lot of option for bolt on bumpers either.. other than james duff (and one other brand of tube bumpers, can't recall the brand). your best option is custom... doesn't matter if you do it or if someone else does it for you. are there fab shops in your area?

now if that was a smartass answer to your question.... forget i said anything, sorry for wasting your time... and stop asking questions on a forum, b/c you will always get better answers that are NOT the answer you want. thanks. have a good one!

hope you can find some sliders and a bumper you like, if you do find bolt on stuff...let me know b/c i'd like to see it!

I sent him to the same place you BOUGHT your custom bolt on bumper.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I sent him to the same place you BOUGHT your custom bolt on bumper.

That's not where I got my bumper..
I said a friend of mine and me built my bumper. We did design mine after RLC or whatever from pirate. But mine is not made by them. Don't assume stuff. I bought my steel from southern steel in memphis. Drove to Scotts hill TN and started designing and building.. I did pay the guy for consumables and time. And it is Based off the basic design of that bumper but NOT bought from there.

Last edited:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I even have mock up pics..

Which I wouldn't have if I just bought one and bolted it on...

Before the clevis mounts...

And the reason I call it a Dickhard bumper.. His name is Richard or Dick!

So yeah... Not that any of this proves anything. I just feel like being an ass since everyone ASSUMING that I'm lying.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
to the OP
i apologize that the thread when to crap... didn't mean to come by as a "smartass" or offer options you didn't want. you didn't state you couldn't make them... but truthfully, you won't find them. the offers i suggested are you best options. I'm not, however, apologizing for dirt cowboy calling me out and calling me a liar... he assumed some info that wasn't true.

to dirt cowboy
i don't appreciate being called a liar. do your research before you call someone out. just bc my bumper is similar does NOT mean that it was bought from there. mine is made from all 1/4", its internally supported better, and doesn't have the holes drilled for body lifted vehicles. PLUS a first gen explorer bumper will NOT fit a 1st gen b2... i don't have a problem with you or anyone else on this forum, b/c its just a forum... people are different. i'm sure i could sit down and have a beer/drink w/ you in person. Just do some research before you call someone out. don't assume.... it makes you look like an idiot.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals