• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco 2 running rough

Scat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OkAy I have had my b2 for a year ran good and all. Then it starter running rough a month or so after I got it. I checked fuel filters got new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, no change, so I checked the fuel pressure it was 35 to 40. So I took the fuel rail off and turned over the engine, like only one or two sprayed correctly so I replaced them, it ran great, I couple months later it started nocking so I took the engine out and rebuilt it, correctly, worked the heads new bearing for the rods and cam and mains, new rings new cam and litters got it all back together and it ran great I mean like a scolded dog. I left it parked for a couple of months and now it will not idle it runs rough and has no power it smell like it is running rich, I am at a blank on were to start, I was told it my be the o2 sensor or the fuel pressure regulator, please help it only has maybe 10miles since rebuild I have also replaced the fuel filters took the tank off and cleaned it out really good.

jhammel85

OkAy I have had my b2 for a year ran good and all. Then it starter running rough a month or so after I got it. I checked fuel filters got new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, no change, so I checked the fuel pressure it was 35 to 40. So I took the fuel rail off and turned over the engine, like only one or two sprayed correctly so I replaced them, it ran great, I couple months later it started nocking so I took the engine out and rebuilt it, correctly, worked the heads new bearing for the rods and cam and mains, new rings new cam and litters got it all back together and it ran great I mean like a scolded dog. I left it parked for a couple of months and now it will not idle it runs rough and has no power it smell like it is running rich, I am at a blank on were to start, I was told it my be the o2 sensor or the fuel pressure regulator, please help it only has maybe 10miles since rebuild I have also replaced the fuel filters took the tank off and cleaned it out really good.
hmm...If it was the fuel regulator, You wouldn't have 35-40.

I would check your truck for codes in the computer. Let us know what codes pop up!

Scat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks in advance

Well the fuel presure was that when I changed the injectors were replaced, it's been a few months it ran great before. I had to pull the engine to fix a leak so it sat for a little while, my little girl was born so I lost interest so here we are now I haven't checked the presure yet or the codes. I haven't ever check the codes before so I have to study how first then I will get back to you all

Scat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Okay checked codes. Wasnt hard at all. Something about a temp sensor and another one. Well turns out they where not plugged in good enough, Runs a lot better. And no more codes. Thanks for you for your help

big red 138

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
makes sence. the computer uses the coolant temp. sensor to determine how much fuel to inject till the engine warms up and goes into closed loop.... fuel injected motors are fun to play with

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals