• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spoke with an Idiot today....

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Yep, you guessed it...I just don't like to utter than evil name anymore. Paypal used to be Andele, then it became Paypal which is now owned/controlled by one of the big credit houses (can you say double-digit interest rates??). That site tanked when they quit letting people pay via money orders...protection is a great thing for honest buyers, but it's a nightmare for honest sellers when a dishonest/ignorant buyer uses buy it now and a credit card to buy something, then they tear it up and want the seller to pay for them to send it back after stopping payment...that locks up the honest seller's accounts. Nowadays, I won't do business period unless you meet me in person or gain my confidence over the course of many emails. Electronic classifieds are a trip, to be sure.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Yep, you guessed it...I just don't like to utter than evil name anymore. Paypal used to be Andele, then it became Paypal which is now owned/controlled by one of the big credit houses (can you say double-digit interest rates??). That site tanked when they quit letting people pay via money orders...protection is a great thing for honest buyers, but it's a nightmare for honest sellers when a dishonest/ignorant buyer uses buy it now and a credit card to buy something, then they tear it up and want the seller to pay for them to send it back after stopping payment...that locks up the honest seller's accounts. Nowadays, I won't do business period unless you meet me in person or gain my confidence over the course of many emails. Electronic classifieds are a trip, to be sure.
I agree. I've had much better luck selling on Ebay than I ever have on Craigslist, so until Craigslist figures out a way to stop the spam and only allow contacts between honest people. Primarily require a use account like ebay does before you can contact someone, and have reliable resources to back up the honest seller/buyer rather than just an open site with crummy results for many, and many wasted hours, time, and gas finding out xxx item is no longer available.

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Clearly that guy has no idea what a stroker is though.

Sent from the can
Doesn't really need to. Not fair to insult a guy who has no experience with Rangers or the history of them. What matters is that he wants one. So what if his buddy's Ranger may have a stroker kit installed and brought it up to a 4.3? If he had no clue that it wasn't stock, there is no need to openly insult a guy just because he may not have been informed by his buddy what originally came with it (assuming it has either the stroker kit or a vortec swap).

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Doesn't really need to. Not fair to insult a guy who has no experience with Rangers or the history of them. What matters is that he wants one. So what if his buddy's Ranger may have a stroker kit installed and brought it up to a 4.3? If he had no clue that it wasn't stock, there is no need to openly insult a guy just because he may not have been informed by his buddy what originally came with it (assuming it has either the stroker kit or a vortec swap).
How many people on this forum actively run a 4.3 stroker kit on their 4.0 ranger? I'm guessing less than 1 percent. the guy is just an idiot.

if you're looking to buy a new ...anything, you should research it first. especially with rangers. most people on cl don't even say what v6 it has. so you have a 50/50 chance of getting a decent motor or the 3.slow.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
craigslist is great if you can learn to wade through the crap. it certainly has its place, and making any major changes would take that away. i've had great luck, but ive also had a lot of emails i dont even take the time to reply to. i bought a wrecked ranger for less than scrap price, put a couple hours of work into it and sold it on craigslist for $600 profit, sold within 2 or 3 days. Sure, i had guys offering me half of my asking price, but i also had guys willing to give me exactly what i wanted without thinking twice. I just bought 2 31x15.5 v-tread tractor tires on wheels for $50, guy i bought them from was a really cool guy, no trouble at all. also sold a set of worn out 33" thornbirds for $200, all with craigslist. there's no other way i could have gotten results like that anywhere else...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals