• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

pushing around a wide tire width

C130MARINE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 Ranger STX
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Gents, how is everyone? I am looking to get rid of my 35x12.50x15 tires and goto something like 37 or 38 inch tall tires. Problem is they only seem to make them 15.50 inches wide in a mickey thompson mtz radial or radial baja claws. I know with the 5.0 and my 5.13 gears i should have no problems pushing the truck around....but can anyone else see any problems occurring because of the width? Or any recommendations on what brands? I am really not as worried about performance as I am the look. I know I will never do anything more than go oofrading once maybe 2 x's a month. And when I do, its gonna be me just playing around. SO does anybody have any recommendations of a beefy tire with a mud type tread that is a 20-25,000 mile tire? If i wasnt using this truck on cold and rainy days i would go with something radical like a tall thin bogger!!! But I was told they wear really fast and you alway s have to get alignments because they beat your front end!!? I am asking here because I dont think anyelse would run such big tires without a v-8 in thier ranger!!!

:icon_cheers:Thanks for your time :icon_cheers:

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
There really isn't anything wrong with a 13.50in wide tire. Some place do offer the larger sizes in a 12.50 but you have to call. I can't really thing of any problems other than you will want at least a 10 inch wide rim. A bogger won't beat the suspension much more than any other aggressive tire. As with any mud tire you are going to give up a little tread life on the street.

Matt

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals