• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Almost had a fire...

TFC-4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
So on my 86 ranger with an efi 5.0, I almost had a fire under the hood earlier in the week, previous owner had all the powers going into the truck wired to one main power going to the battery that was far over loaded, so I replaced all the burned wires and put them on a power distribution block, was all good for a couple days of wheeling then I get into it tonight and start it up, blow one circuit fuse on the distribution block and a few seconds later I have smoke pouring out of the cluster, pop the hood, rip off the battery cable and proceed to digging into the dash to find what burned, turned out the amp meter burned up on the factory cluster, has anyone else had this happen to them? And also does anyone know if I need to use this gauge or can I just take it out? I have other gauges for voltage and dummy lights and such, my dad had a good point saying that the alt might not charge with out this gauge (might command the alt to charge) any insight will help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals