• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Restoring wrecked 99 ranger

6gun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
??????
Tire Size
39X12.50R17
My credo
I'm not afraid of dying, not living terrifies me!
As my luck goes after spending nearly $1000 on bringing maintenance up to date on my beloved '99 Red Ranger 4X4, a driver pulled out in front of my son and totalled my truck. :bawling: Destroyed RF fender, radiator support, grille, headlights and tweaked the frame horns After much aggravation with the insurance company I bought it back for a little over $300.

My plan is to buy a lesser vehicle and use the parts off of it to swap onto mine. My question aside from looks could I use an Explorer front end to salvage parts from? If so what years would work best? Not really looking for show quality looks just a good running truck that will pass salvage inspection.

Thanks in advance for your help.

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
>>>>>

PM sent!:icon_idea:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Explorer body parts won't bolt on. A few Explorer front end conversions have been done, but it requires cutting the fenders and welding the front of the Explorer fender onto the back of the Ranger fenders. The explorer doesn't have the body crease that the Ranger fenders do, so it takes osme planning and some body work skills to make it look right.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That sucks! If this had happened a couple of years ago, I could have pointed you to a nearly free 2000 Ranger right in your neighborhood. My cousin lives/lived in Calhoun and had given up on the truck due to a bad transmission so she gave it to us for parts. Unfortunately, we've pretty much got it fixed now so not parting or selling for parts.

Good luck getting it back together. There are a few good pick-n-pull yards down around ATL that may have some of what you need.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals