• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1986 Dodge D50 Tough Truck

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
Hey guys, I just traded a friend a 97 explorer with a locked up motor and rusty frame for an 86 Dodge D50 2.6L 5-speed. But this isn't your ordinary D50, this one has been fully gutted, F150 springs in front (Does NOT move much lol) full roll cage, boxed/plated/gusseted frame, welded rear, the works. Naturally it isn't road legal and is strictly an offroad toy, it's well known locally (lancaster county PA, especially back in the 90's when there was a couple of them, matching work/paintjobs done competing in tough truck competitions. Anyway it hasn't been running in a few years because my friend who owned it was rebuilding the carb and got the wrong kit, so it sat. I found another complete, lower mileage carb at the junkyard and I got it to run again, although it needs a tune up pretty badly. I'm active Duty Air Force stationed in North Carolina, but it's up at my barn in PA, so I don't get to play with it too much sadly.I plan on tuning it up and repainting it at some point so I can have fun with it like the pictures show anyway here's some pics of it from my friend from a few years ago, the paint is a lil more faded now from sitting outside uncovered lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO2OqpQ5u9s
This was after getting it running for the first time in a few years. Needs a tune up for sure but it lives!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVKjQEzquOM
In it's heyday

Attachments

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Make / Model
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
Transmission
Manual
As soon as I saw the jumps I knew it was the Buck haha.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals