• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TireFitment.shtml Horse Beating

GASPIG88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
OK

This link http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TireFitment.shtml is for the tire fitment guide.

I want to run 33s.

I found this on Bronco II Corral http://www.broncoiicorral.com/tech_library/ford-bronco-ii-lift-and-tire-size-comparisons/

This information is contradicting and I am asking for some clarification here.

I am ok with installing the cut out flares from Bronco Graveyard if I need to. But I HATE.... < caps lock... body lift.

Can / Will someone chime in here and lets get the numbers right.

GASPIG88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
OK

This link http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TireFitment.shtml is for the tire fitment guide.

I want to run 33s.

I found this on Bronco II Corral http://www.broncoiicorral.com/tech_library/ford-bronco-ii-lift-and-tire-size-comparisons/

This information is contradicting and I am asking for some clarification here.

I am ok with installing the cut out flares from Bronco Graveyard if I need to. But I HATE.... < caps lock... body lift.

Can / Will someone chime in here and lets get the numbers right.

current plan is a 4 inch lift and 33s... flares if needed. on stock BII aluminum bullet hole wheels.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I ran 31" Baja Claws on a stock '84 B2 - no suspension or body lift, original sagging springs. There was slight rubbing when turning sharp left but not right. It would rub when flexing in certain situations, but it's been a long time since I've owned that truck. I would think a body lift OR suspension lift would be minimum to run 33", and both being preferable.

Post up your before and after measurements, pics too, and I'll try to include them in the tech articles.

GASPIG88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I ran 31" Baja Claws on a stock '84 B2 - no suspension or body lift, original sagging springs. There was slight rubbing when turning sharp left but not right. It would rub when flexing in certain situations, but it's been a long time since I've owned that truck. I would think a body lift OR suspension lift would be minimum to run 33", and both being preferable.

Post up your before and after measurements, pics too, and I'll try to include them in the tech articles.
That is good news, but I am not sure what I should do.

I see that pic in the second link showing one with a 4 inch and 33s... I like the idea of that.

What I don't know is what is the right idea here... rough country says 31s in their lift kit desctiption.... and TRS says one thing, Bronco ii corral another.. Lol

I don't know what the hell tire to buy at this point honestly.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Don't forget that you should change the gearing when going to bigger tires. I had a 4.0l engine and 4.10 gears with the 31" tires and that was perfect for me.

GASPIG88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Don't forget that you should change the gearing when going to bigger tires. I had a 4.0l engine and 4.10 gears with the 31" tires and that was perfect for me.
I agree!

4.56 is what i am thinkin

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
To further muddy the waters with a 3" BL I rub 31's on the front on big bumps with stock sheetmetal.

If you want I can change your title to something less weird that better explains what you are wanting to find out.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Looks like your Bronco II is an '89, which means it's a second gen and the front fender openings are larger than the '85-88.

If you want to run 33"s, you'll need around 4+" of lift and you'll want to run 4.56 gearing.

For reference, here's my old Bronco II with about 5" of lift on the front and 4" lift in the rear with 33" tires.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals