• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Rangers in Thailand

Louisville86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was in Thailand in March; we traveled all around and I started noticing new Rangers on the road and on display. Here are a few that caught my eye.

By the way, the price of $599,999 Thai baht is $17,315.98 is U.S. dollars for the white base XL truck. It had a six-speed manual transmission and air conditioning (every new vehicle in Thailand has air conditioning, even the very cheapest).

Enjoy!

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the pictures :)

The Ranger T6 has been sold overseas since 2011
Mazda BT-50(Ranger) since 2006

Yes 6 speed manual or 6 speed automatics are offered and most are turbo diesel powered.

These should be the ones coming to North American markets soon, closer to F-150 size, built in North America when they do come out
Emissions standards in North America is why you haven't seen these imported here
But world wide standards are getting tighter, so.............

Doofy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Shit Happens...Then You Die.
If over 20K, there won't be one sitting in my driveway.

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If over 20K, there won't be one sitting in my driveway.
Where are you going to find a brand new truck for under 20k??

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
Mickey Thompson tires in Thailand??

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the pictures :)

Emissions standards in North America is why you haven't seen these imported here
But world wide standards are getting tighter, so.............
Emissions standards are only one of the reasons. The "chicken tax" on imported trucks and Ford's reluctance to pirate F-150 sales are probably more to blame.

Fortunately for us, Derrick Kuzak, who said the T6 Ranger was 90% the size of an F-150 and that customers would buy Fiestas and Transit Connects when they killed our last Ranger, retired from Ford in 2012 and Raj Nair has taken his place as VP of Global Product Development.

Nair is apparently more interested in providing vehicles customers want instead of expecting them to buy what Ford wants to sell and be happy about it.:annoyed:

Doofy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Shit Happens...Then You Die.
My first house didn't cost 20K. Be damned if I buy any new vehicle that depreciates 20-30% in the first year of ownership. Makes absolutely no sense. I will wait until they hit the used market (if I live that long).

My '98 has 110K on the clock so should last many moons yet.

merc2dogs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
explorer sport
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Can't help thinking sport trac when I see those pics.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Well everyone that's the way the new Ranger will look when they start selling in the US again in 2019. Global market you get global vehicle looks as well.

Here in the US though the base price will most likely be in the mid to high $20k, add 4WD and you'll be over $30k. Seems that's how the truck market has gone because people are driving them around as family sedans now so the price on trucks has skyrocketed as a result.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well everyone that's the way the new Ranger will look when they start selling in the US again in 2019. Global market you get global vehicle looks as well.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Ford has already stated that the trucks sold here will have different frontend and interior styling than those sold elsewhere. All we have seen so far are the current Rangers that have been sold everywhere else since 2011 with one upgrade for the 2015 model year. By 2019 that design will be long overdue for some major changes.
I doubt the design will be as different as what GM has done with the Colorado sold here compared to everywhere else but we really won't know until Ford shows the actual trucks for this market.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Ford has already stated that the trucks sold here will have different frontend and interior styling than those sold elsewhere. All we have seen so far are the current Rangers that have been sold everywhere else since 2011 with one upgrade for the 2015 model year. By 2019 that design will be long overdue for some major changes.
I doubt the design will be as different as what GM has done with the Colorado sold here compared to everywhere else but we really won't know until Ford shows the actual trucks for this market.
Automakers are "Global" they're going to carry over as much of the same looks, parts, styling, etc. as they can to save $$$ in tooling. I doubt they'll look much different. The 4 door rangers are pretty cramped in the back seat, had a couple over in Iraq and they were basically like sitting in the back seat of an extended cab F-150, hardly any legroom unless you have small children it was pretty much as useless as the back seat area of the extended cab rangers in the US LOL. The Ranger isn't going to be anything like the Rangers of the past, they're lo longer a "compact" pickup, they're not even mid-size anymore they're pretty darn close to their full size competitor bringing once again, the question of am I gonna buy a 3/4 size F150 or spend another $1-2k and buy a full size...which is why the Ranger was discontinued, they priced it right out of the market so they could sell the F150 to everyone.

If I were to buy another Ranger it won't be new, I'd wait for the market to stabilize and for them to hit the used market first, and if they come back here with a manual transmission base model with a diesel I'd definitely be open to purchasing, otherwise if they stick with the dullness they've been running for the past several years IDK if I'd bother looking there are tons of used older rangers out there to choose from...they gotta make the new ranger good otherwise nobody is going to bother...that being said I'm not holding my breath that they build the Ranger in any shape or form that would suit the needs of the masses and keep the sticker shock to a minimum, although people are dumb enough to pay $50k+ for a 1/2 ton truck so I guess if they sell the Ranger for $35k they will sell tons of them LOL.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals