• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 turbocharger install

Rx7world

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have installed a turbocharger on a 2.3 I am running everything else that came with the truck, just installed a turbocharger, all I wanted was 5psi of boost which I find is a nice little increase in power on other cars, and you don't have to worry about other things if you keep the boost low. The truck runs fine the only problem is the air control valve lets air through when you let up on the accelerator pedal ( causing engine Idle to go up), kind of annoying, I removed the air control valve problem solved but of course wont idle when cold, I think if I re-install the ACV and set the blow off valve at a lower pressure it might fix the problem, anybody run into this problem before?

shaggys2gen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89/06
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/6.0
Transmission
Manual
Im not sure what the flange looks like on your IAC valve, but if possible flip it the opposite direction than what it is now, you boost either weakend the spring or the pressure is pushing it open, if you flip it backwards it will still function but cant be forced open by boost.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
wrong section bro

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals