• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1999 5.0 v8 hell no...

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I went to this dudes house this morning. Say I'll be there in half hour, I ended up there in 15 mins only to catch him jumping thetruck in drive.... Ok first thing I thought I'm like WTF... Ok I just need engine and tranny who cares if alternator or battery's bad.
So it dies within 1 min of it being taken off jumper cables. Guy says it just got a new alt.+ A new battery which battery was new as photo shows with walmart sticker lol.
There's some kind of animal nest in engine bay which you can see under the 5.0 cover, basically in-between the valve covers. I mean how long hasthis been sitting? It's rusted to crap under neath, oil is Heavily poured under neath on vehicle right by radiator where the oil filter is. Oil filter looks idk decent lol, couldn't tell if it was new didn't care to look was getting aggravated at games. The guy said truck runs great in ad. Ohh man I just came from gym and boy did I wanna rock him in his face for saying it was great running but he never drove the friggin thing. He was a at salesman who apparently was trying to sell this thing through his dealership. I was like f it, engine idled smoothwhen it was alive it sounded great, I was gonna buy it anyways. He brings down paperwork and next thing you know it says 1950.00 on it. I'm like WTF you said 1850, and I haven't even agreed to that yet. He tells me he told me this and that it was listed wrong. Then relist, ohh wait everyday for the last 15 days it's been relished and since the 13th it's been listed for 1850. Bullshit liar, he's lucky I'm a nice guy. He wants 850 down, and only deals in cash not check. I told him I'd brb he wanted to drive to ATM with me. I'm like no I'll brb. I took off never to come back. Hes called 5 times and I'd feel bad, but Ed a scumbag trying to work some weird deal through his dealership. If your gonna screw someone over don't do it atta your house, but wait, he had me meet him in melts instead of Malden where he has it listed... Something wasn't right... Here's photos of engine...

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
As Pink Floyd once said "You better run like hell". With everything you've pointed out, I don't think I'd even give 1850 for it. I hate grimy salesmen who expect you to bow and cave in to them when they pull their shenanigans. It sucks he keeps calling you too.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ohh no if he wants to keep calling as to be a dock I willsrive back to his house an not to buy his pos. He was shady so I dint give the respect of telling him I wasn't coming back. He left last voicemail saying someone is coming later to see it for 1950. Ok so why's he calling me?

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Because he's a scum bag trying to rip you off and your probably the only person who has fallen for it so far.

JPRanger03

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Good job on walking away, it seemed like there was too many red flags with that thing

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ya. The "new" alternator was painted purple. I'm lik WTF... Lol. That ain't new, it's new paint. And his "guy", who put it in tore main wire on it and was coming back later to put another on and fix it. If someone put an alt on my truck and destroyed it, he'd never come near my truck.

racing83x

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
damn son! sounds no good. if he keeps callin bust him a new one. either that or call him in for harrasment haha. sounds like you caught a break on getting away from him tho. i wouldnt pay anything over 500 for that thing just sayin

nuclassic

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah that's complete:bsflag: I hate shady people that do that if it's messed up and sat forever be honest and say yeah, I have to jump it to get it to run and the alternator sucks ass. and the search continues...

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Reminds me of a guy who was a friend-of-a-friend who tried to make a sales pitch to me about his POS Camaro. Yeah, in good shape they're good, but his was all messed up and he's trying to tell me it's just got an exhaust leak.

Good move walking away.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Dudes funny couple hours ago he sent me an email saying if I ever need an explorer to let him k ow they get alot in... WTF happens to for sale by owner NOT DEALER. W.e he talked me into doing some maintenance and fixing some stuff and seeing about suspension.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I mean on my truck, that was kind of confusing. Lol I'm doing stuff to my truck not getting that pos.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals