• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Old International P/U's

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
I went to my wife's Aunt & Uncles 1923 farmhouse for the first time yesterday, there are 4 outbuildings full of old stuff that I am going to get to go through & help her Uncle clean out. The place has always been in his family, just glancing into the shop, I found a box of books from 1914 & an old croquet set. I can't wait to dig into this stuff!!

Anyway, he has 2 International P/U's sitting under an old 6 bay shed. He said one was a '70 & he thinks the other one is a '64. They have obviously been sitting there for a very long time...nope, they are not 4wd...:bawling:

However, they are still cool! I am thinking "rat rod"!!!!!! Just get one running, throw on some whitewalls, paint the wheels red, & "bag it" to the ground....leave the body the way it sits. :icon_idea:

I know :worthless:, I didn't have my camera. I will get some very soon...

:icon_cheers:
B2

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
That could work. I'd think about a modern driveline since the things haven't been built in over 30 years and parts might be hard to come by, although they made school buses a lot longer and I think they use the same engines. Also International pickups and Scouts were incredible rot boxes but if they've been stored inside in TN then the bodies might be okay.

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
The International trucks are beasts. I had one that could outperform 4wd trucks in the thick. I hope those trucks are usable and you get one or both.

The Ford 7.3 powerstroke is a slightly (if at all) customized International engine. The Ford 6.0 powerstroke is a heavily customized International engine. The 7.3 has been known to run for 1 million miles or more with no problem, while the 6.0 was discontinued due to engine problems after 3 years.

BTW, parts aren't that hard to get ... they use most drive train parts in their big trucks.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
I haven't had time to get by there for pics yet, but I will be there tomorrow to help move a few things out of the house. I never had the opportunity to look them over really well, but I know there is some rust involved.. If I can get one or both, who knows.....:icon_twisted:

Pics either tomorrow or Thursday.....................................

B2

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
Lots of pics.......

Finally got some pics of 'em....:icon_thumby:

What I saw when I rounded the corner..

My favorite..

The other one...

The white one is a manual shift on the column & the gray one is a manual in the floor. The trans is out of the gray one & the only thing I saw anywhere was this in the bed of the white one, I don't know what it goes to or what exactly it is........it looks more like a transfer case to me but I didn't see a front output......:icon_confused:

B2

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That step side is sweet man. :drool: I would restore that ol cornbinder in a second or like you said Rat it out:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Restore it. I dont see the point in messing with it when it seems like such a solid piece for a restore. Just my $.02

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
One rare find, Bro!! Super cool old trucks. I always liked them. Get in touch with American Pickers from the History Channel. They will stop buy there and buy everything you showed in the photos!!!! Darn...so rare!!!!

The83RangerMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Im no expert but by what i could see of the back of the engine in the grey, truck that thing in the back looks like it might actually be the tranny, without the bell housing tried to look up info online could not find much

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They are neat trucks, dad has a '67 that looks a lot like the white one. Some stuff is kinda tricky to find but there is a lot of stuff is available.

304 4spd, light half ton, and red. It was a dealer demo truck, my great-grandfather bought it from the dealer.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Like someone said they can be rust buckets, had a '64' 4x2 Scout that could go a lot of places you would think about trying and that was with the slant 4. Thing looked great ran great but no floor. Went out one morning and the gas tank was laying on the ground, another time I opened up the door and it fell off. Took it down to the Ford dealer in town, all shined up and looking good. It was raining pretty hard so I parked it close. Saleman appraised it from the window - boy did I get a great deal. Called back later all p.o., said he thought all Scouts were 4x4's. Just laughed, bet he caught hell from the manager.
Dave

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
sweet.. i'd have to restore it, not rat it... the rat rods can be sweet but come on man. that's an old international!

heck take the body and set it up on a ford or GM frame that is 4x4!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sweet.. i'd have to restore it, not rat it... the rat rods can be sweet but come on man. that's an old international!

heck take the body and set it up on a ford or GM frame that is 4x4!
If I remember right the front is leaf spring already, a 4wd conversion would be really easy.

IMO, they are too neat of a truck to mutantize with a body swap.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
If I remember right the front is leaf spring already, a 4wd conversion would be really easy.

IMO, they are too neat of a truck to mutantize with a body swap.
well if it's that easy there's no need for a body swap

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
Im no expert but by what i could see of the back of the engine in the grey, truck that thing in the back looks like it might actually be the tranny, without the bell housing tried to look up info online could not find much
I figure it must be, but I can't figure out why it has what looks like 2 shifters......:icon_confused:

The stepside is awesome, it is pretty solid from what I can see. The floorboards are not as bad as I would have thought, but it will need floor pans....no big deal though. I don't really want to cut it up or anything, if I could just get it to go down the road, paint the wheels red, & use the baby hubcaps, I would be happy.

I haven't been able to talk to her Uncle in detail yet because he is out of town, I don't know how much he will want for 'em yet, lets just say I hope they like me a lot. I don't want to get my hopes up anymore than they already are, but I will give it my best shot. I did find out they have been sitting there 25+ years........:shok:

Yes, the step side does have a leaf spring front suspension!!...:icon_thumby:...:icon_idea:

B2

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals